• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raw Denim in a bootcut style?

pokey07

Reaction score
I really like the APC jeans and the other raw denim styles (I'm just recently learning about all this stuff). The only problem is I need a bootcut style because skinny just looks odd on me. I have slightly large feet and a broad top with skinny legs. Does anyone make a Raw Denim jean that is somewhat wider at the bottom? I really just want a pair of nice jeans that are gonna last me a long time because I'm getting sick of the American Eagle/ Abercrombie lifestyle. Thanks!

pokey07

Reaction score
sorry about the post in the wrong section, but would these: http://www.dresscodesatl.com/menswear/5ep1.html be something that I would be able to wear and get my own faded/distressed look with? And does the sizing for all raw denim go with the APC guide? Thanks a lot for the help. edit: I should also mention I'm on a somewhat tight budget, but I want to make sure that I get a pair of jeans that I'm gonna love and will fit me exactly how I want.

Mrs. Savage

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pokey07
sorry about the post in the wrong section, but would these: http://www.dresscodesatl.com/menswear/5ep1.html
be something that I would be able to wear and get my own faded/distressed look with? And does the sizing for all raw denim go with the APC guide? Thanks a lot for the help.

edit: I should also mention I'm on a somewhat tight budget, but I want to make sure that I get a pair of jeans that I'm gonna love and will fit me exactly how I want.

Definately, these are a raw denim, the reason why it is cheaper than the other pair of 5EP's we have is that it isn't selvedge. Hope that helps. You can always give me a call at the store. 404-343-2894

-Karen

Mrs. Savage

Reaction score
I really like the APC jeans and the other raw denim styles (I'm just recently learning about all this stuff). The only problem is I need a bootcut style because skinny just looks odd on me. I have slightly large feet and a broad top with skinny legs. Does anyone make a Raw Denim jean that is somewhat wider at the bottom? I really just want a pair of nice jeans that are gonna last me a long time because I'm getting sick of the American Eagle/ Abercrombie lifestyle. Thanks!

Buckler makes a slim bootcut jean, IMO the fit is really nice.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
sorry about the post in the wrong section, but would these: http://www.dresscodesatl.com/menswear/5ep1.html
be something that I would be able to wear and get my own faded/distressed look with? And does the sizing for all raw denim go with the APC guide?

No, APC sizing is idiosyncratic. APC denim stretches much more than most others. You will want to research the particular brand -- in some unsanforized brands you may even want to size up from your normal size to allow for shrinkage. I'd figure out what works for you in terms of style and price, then research the sizing for that brand/cut.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reg Alf , 5EP low down boot, APC rescue, LOw flare glenn, PRPS boot cut,
all boots or about equal oh and the levi skinner

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try the 5EP Low down boots. Pre-orders on revolve right now. A real steal when you apply the first timer discount.

modual

Reaction score
be something that I would be able to wear and get my own faded/distressed look with? And does the sizing for all raw denim go with the APC guide? Thanks a lot for the help.

edit: I should also mention I'm on a somewhat tight budget, but I want to make sure that I get a pair of jeans that I'm gonna love and will fit me exactly how I want.

My god those 5eps look really baggy on that site.

pokey07

Reaction score
I like the Regular Ralfs in Dry Selvage. The leg opening size is very appealling (wasn't really looking to spend this much though
shog[1].gif
) What is the deal for new comers at revolve?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I need help with one more thing... What's the difference between these two? http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...udie+Jeans&d=d and http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...udie+Jeans&d=d Is one just bluer than the other? Thanks for all the help.
For one the Selvage (first one) will be higher quality from the process in which it is made. They both will fade like raw denim.
"Selvage is the term commonly used to refer to denim that has been produced on a shuttle loom. Since the amount of fabric produced from a shuttle loom is significantly narrower than a projectile (wide) loom, the cotton consumption is higher and the time required is greater. In selvage jeans, you will see the actual edge of the fabric where the weaving stops and is finished by the loom, as opposed to denim woven on a projectile loom, where the fabric has been cut off at the ends. "

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads