• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rate these shoes

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
since there was a relatively negative response, can anybody link me some good looking (preferably white) sneakers

PolePosition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye
since there was a relatively negative response, can anybody link me some good looking (preferably white) sneakers
Since I recently asked a similar question about fashionable sneakers I'll reply with what I was told and also with what I have researched through searching through alot of sneaker threads. I don't particularly like all of these but multiple people have expressed their fondness of one or more of the following sneakers....but I will point out that the Common Project seems to be one of the more forum-favored white sneakers but I personally just don't care for them (peep the price tag on them). Make your own decisions based on what you see. Adidas Originals Stan Smith
7958-436988-p.jpg
Adidas Originals Superstar 2 aka Clamshell
9755-591635-p.jpg
Converse Chuck Taylor leather oxford
8521-646337-p.jpg
Converse Jack Purcell leather
6219-183428-p.jpg
Converse Jack Purcell canvas
6627-124443-p.jpg
PF Flyer Windjammer
10757-757779-p.jpg
PF Flyer Albin
3279-645674-p.jpg
Common Projects Achilles low
_DSC0046_detail.jpg
Common Projects Achilles mid
_DSC0317_detail.jpg
Common Projects Court mid
COMM-MZ50_V1.jpg
Common Projects Court low
COMM-MZ48_V1.jpg
Spring Court G1
SCOU-MZ13_V1.jpg
Spring Court B2
SCOU-MZ11_V1.jpg
Spring Court G2
SCOU-MZ3_V1.jpg
Spring Court mid
SCOU-MZ10_V1.jpg
LOL. Sorry for posting so many up, but thought I'd save you the effort when people start throwing names/brands around. This is not an all-inclusive list and I'm sure I've left others out. Hope it was helpful!

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The answer is almost always CP's, they're just perfect for denim; however, if you're on a budget look at Adidas Stan Smith originals. Also, the Dior B-series sneakers are another great addition. I don't care for much else, I like very slim profile footwear as I do with my clothing.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any outfit you wear with tigers competes with the tigers. There is no such thing as harmony with those shoes.

edit: didn't realize the thread became a lot more constructive since the beginning. Oh well. At least things improved.

Bring The Noise

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye
ok i moved up the price range a lot and i was looking at some of the higher end sneakers i came up these can u guys please judge them?

http://www.barneys.com/Low%20Top%20S...efault,pd.html

http://www.barneys.com/Achilles%20Lo...efault,pd.html

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...9465&ev19=1:50

BTW i m trying to stay away from the converse look

1 and 3 are an improvement, but if you're looking for a germany army sneaker forgo the mesh; its ugly and tacky. take a look at the MMM one

common projects are just a no brainer.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with price range, which is something alot of people on here dont understand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads