• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For something in between Ikea and The Hanger Project, try Hangers USA. Wide-shouldered hangers are about $7 and come in a bunch of finishes, including white. Really happy with the stuff I ordered from them. http://www.usahanger.com/products/wood/
WHT107_lg.jpg
NH408_lg.jpg
WH508_lg.jpg
Just want to say 'thanks' as I had to search back in this thread and purchased some new ones @ChetB edit: Realized they are standard 18" wide, hoping it will be a non-issue as the jackets I bought them for are either raglan shoulder or unstructured.

Last edited:

einfallsloserName123

Reaction score
Actually this is something I'm a little bit concerend of too and of what I didn't thought about before. ^^ I bought a bomber, which doesn't look much oldschool at all I think and isn't black or olive, but some kind of blue and also the material is cotton and I wore it with slim, tapered, dark blue jeans (just some Levi's 511 without any obvious wash) and oxblood colored boots, which in my opinion don't look very similar to Docs and stuff like that. This, and the fact, that I live in Germany and look somewhat stereotypical German, like, tall with light blond hair, made people think I'm a some kind of neo nazi or skinhead, I think. ^^ Though I like the combination I try to avoid it now and wear the jacket with other stuff like light brown backzip suede boots from APC and tapered pants, preferably not in blue or black and stuff. Which is also nice. Maybe I'm just thinking too much of this stuff and I'm just not self-confident enough, don't know.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RFT: Since I don't wear stuff with tiny hems, pinrolled anything and flyknit frees give me an instant genie of the lamp look.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are peoples' thoughts on honoring online prices? I recently placed an order with a store, only to have them call me two hours later and say the price was entered incorrectly as $128 when it should have been $224. They offered be a refund or 20% off the item. Needless to say, I was disappointed, but also half asleep at the time, and didn't protest that much. I used to work for an online retailer, and we ALWAYS honored the online price, and the more I think about this, the more I'm wondering if I should have made a bigger deal . Would you have just said "ok" to this, or make a big deal out of it?

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

who makes the boots? nice.

What are peoples' thoughts on honoring online prices?
I recently placed an order with Stag in Austin, only to have them call me two hours later and say the price was entered incorrectly as $128 when it should have been $224. They offered be a refund or 20% off the item. Needless to say, I was disappointed, but also half asleep at the time, and didn't protest that much. I used to work for an online retailer, and we ALWAYS honored the online price, and the more I think about this, the more pissed I get. Would you just say "ok" to this, or make a big deal out of it?

I think you missed this bro... they sold you the item at their advertised price and you paid it. Done deal. Legally they have no position to rescind or reform the contract. They knew *********** up and convinced you to fix it for them. It's not about making a big deal but you should have been given the price they charged you and you needed to take that position from the beginning. By softening on your negotiating position they got you to take less which is clearly beneficial to them and not you. Sorry dude.

Last edited:

DividedWay

Reaction score
Almost all web sites have disclaimers saying they are under no contract to sell to you at the price displayed, and that they can cancel orders at any time. They were under no contract. It's nice that they gave you 20% off though.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Almost all web sites have disclaimers saying they are under no contract to sell to you at the price displayed, and that they can cancel orders at any time. They were under no contract. It's nice that they gave you 20% off though.

Perhaps... however the site in question does not. And the contract you claim does not exist has already been completed... they offered a product for a price and the poster paid it. Done deal. You might notice there is a difference between not honoring an (mistakenly) advertised price before the sale, and trying to claim a refund for having honored the price after a sale, which in my understanding is what happened here. so again, yes you should have gotten the price they charged you originally.

Last edited:

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perhaps... however the site in question does not. And the contract you claim does not exist has already been completed... they offered a product for a price and the poster paid it. Done deal. You might notice there is a difference between not honoring an (mistakenly) advertised price before the sale, and trying to claim a refund for having honored the price after a sale, which in my understanding is what happened here. so again, yes you should have gotten the price they charged you originally.

Think there's anything I can do considering I have my confirmation/receipt with the item and total?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Think there's anything I can do considering I have my confirmation/receipt with the item and total?

not really if you've already accepted their offer... of course you can ask except now you are relying on their benevolence as opposed to your superior bargaining position, which unfortunately you relinquished. In general, just do not accept terms that are not favorable to you and perhaps it will work out better next time. I might play up some "confusion" on your part as you said they called while you were sleeping or whatever, but it's really not cool. You know it's bargaining 101... you can always come down or lower your terms, but once you do you can't go back.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

unless there's an attorney's fees provision :teach:

true, yet I would assume mostly only attorneys would know that which he is clearly not... is he going to sue for breach and demand specific performance over a mistakenly advertised pair of jeans? If he had posted it before accepting the 20% we may have been able to better help him.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After doing some research, it appears that businesses are not obligated to honor the online price if it's caught before packaging/shipping, and it's really up to them if they want to keep their customers happy. You might have some other knowledge if you're a lawyer (I think stanley is), but even some legal docs I read said the same thing. Not that I'm pursuing anything like that - was just curious if it's really a legal obligation on their part.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

After doing some research, it appears that businesses are not obligated to honor the online price if it's caught before packaging/shipping, and it's really up to them if they want to keep their customers happy. You might have some other knowledge if you're a lawyer (I think stanley is), but even some legal docs I read said the same thing. Not that I'm pursuing anything like that - was just curious if it's really a legal obligation on their part.

An online sale constitutes an offer on the part of the buyer. The seller does not have to accept. The legal obligation is only on the part of the buyer. Of course, sites like EBay are different, since all users are bound by their contract with EBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads