• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I knew as soon as I posted that that you would discount them based on them being liberally biased publications without actually examining any of it critically. I would believe something posted by even Fox News as long as what they posted was verifiable at multiple other sources, with evidence clearly presented. Facts are non-partisan.

I read Huffington Post without knowing their bias for quite a while then i saw their logic in defending their views which i dont agree with at all. They actually opened my eyes to a lot of stuff.

Also i do not read Fox News. I just read the articles on Yahoo (another liberal news source) and read the comments there. I do not read or watch any conservative sites or shows. I form my own opinions. I saw the facts about the distance from the car. Lies were told by both sides. In the end I felt Wilson did nothing wrong.

Did you read the facts about multiple witnesses who said Brown's hands were up lied? Did you read the fact that 1 of them admitted they did not see the shooting only when they were given protection against perjury for their original statement? I believe the information provided to the jury was the truth and even the 3 black people on the jury didnt think that Wilson killed Brown out of cold blood. There are a lot of issues more important than this. How many black people have died in Chicago this year at the hands of other black people? Of course the media doesnt make a big deal out of this and Al Sharpton doesnt care as it doesnt involve anything racial. Racial divide equals ratings and money.

nevergreen

Reaction score
Did you read the facts about multiple witnesses who said Brown's hands were up lied? Did you read the fact that 1 of them admitted they did not see the shooting only when they were given protection against perjury for their original statement? I believe the information provided to the jury was the truth and even the 3 black people on the jury didnt think that Wilson killed Brown out of cold blood. There are a lot of issues more important than this. How many black people have died in Chicago this year at the hands of other black people? Of course the media doesnt make a big deal out of this and Al Sharpton doesnt care as it doesnt involve anything racial. Racial divide equals ratings and money.
This is gonna be my only post on the subject. You know the prosecuting attorney was Wilson's friend? Does it even make sense the person on trial is being defended by DA? In 2010 11 out of 162,000 cases that went to a grand jury ended up the civilian not being indicted. Eighty out of 81 cases where a cop was on trial ended up in non-indictment.

"Black people kill Black people….and white people kill white people. 83% of white murder victims in the US are killed by white people. White cops kill Black people. Black people get upset. Then white people say “but y’all kill each other so what’s the big deal?” THE BIG DEAL IS, when we kill each other, we’re punished. When white people kill each other, they are punished. When white people kill Black people they are not punished. Sometimes they are even rewarded (to the tune of half a million dollars funneled toward Darren Wilson for shooting Michael Brown). Please show me one Black man in this country who got $500,000 in prize money for killing a white person."

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is gonna be my only post on the subject. You know the prosecuting attorney was Wilson's friend? Does it even make sense the person on trial is being defended by DA? In 2010 11 out of 162,000 cases that went to a grand jury ended up the civilian not being indicted. Eighty out of 81 cases where a cop was on trial ended up in non-indictment.

"[COLOR=222222]Black people kill Black people….and white people kill white people. 83% of white murder victims in the US are killed by white people. White cops kill Black people. Black people get upset. Then white people say “but y’all kill each other so what’s the big deal?” THE BIG DEAL IS, when we kill each other, we’re punished. When white people kill each other, they are punished. When white people kill Black people they are not punished. Sometimes they are even rewarded (to the tune of half a million dollars funneled toward Darren Wilson for shooting Michael Brown). Please show me one Black man in this country who got $500,000 in prize money for killing a white person."[/COLOR]

If the prosecuting attorney was friends with Wilson can't they challenge based on conflict of interest? I see the stats that you show in 2010 but it is different with police. They cant just run away from a situation they have to deal with it. How many of these 162k cases were self defense? How many self defense cases go to trial? How many of these cases where the person was indicted was related to a gang, drugs, revenge, etc? You're comparing apples to oranges here.

1 of the points I was trying to make is that the media is making a big case out of this is because of race. If you look at the yearly stats where people get killed what percent are by the police? Last i checked it was far less than 1%. The media is making a mountain out of a molehill here.

How did Wilson get $500k for killing Brown? It is not prize money, Wilson has probably lost the chance at living any semblance of a normal life after this.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol timbaland looks like the comments section of yahoo articles is keeping you really well informed!

nevergreen

Reaction score
How did Wilson get $500k for killing Brown? It is not prize money, Wilson has probably lost the chance at living any semblance of a normal life after this.
Ok I'm not gonna argue with you about the case, but this is ridiculous. He got paid 400k from donations, kept getting paid while on leave, and got married. Oh and he got paid from the interview with ABC where he said he had a clean conscious and he'd kill him again. Wilson lost his chance at living a normal life? Good. I hope he looks over his shoulder for the rest of his life because unlike Michael Brown, he is still alive.

pce

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol timbaland looks like the comments section of yahoo articles is keeping you really well informed!

For the record i thought the cop who shot Oscar Grant should have been charged. In this case i believe that Brown was charging Wilson based on witness testimony from the trial (they admitted that he was not on his knees with his hands up) and that justified his actions as self defense.

I also feel that the jurors got the least biased information and ruled accordingly. I feel they know more than we do.

And lol at people believing everything the media says. All this after it was proven that they lied in the George Zimmerman case on his 911 call making it sound like he was racist. They edited out the part where the 911 operator asked for the ethnicity of the guy he was following. They collapsed it into Zimmerman saying "He looks guilty. He's black." Also i think Zimmerman should have gotten a lesser charge.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok I'm not gonna argue with you about the case, but this is ridiculous. He got paid 400k from donations, kept getting paid while on leave, and got married. Oh and he got paid from the interview with ABC where he said he had a clean conscious and he'd kill him again. Wilson lost his chance at living a normal life? Good. I hope he looks over his shoulder for the rest of his life because unlike Michael Brown, he is still alive.

pce

Ok i guess we'll just agree to disagree. I dont want to **** up this thread anymore. It could also be that my dad grew up in Oakland and lived and worked there his entire life. I used to go to work to help him out (he owned his own business) and after seeing some of the **** i did there (store robbed at gunpoint multiple times, police shut down the streets around his business once chasing criminals, going to work seeing someone murdered on the entrance to his office) I'm biased.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does one style engineer boots. I always wanted a pair, now they've arrived and I'm stumped. Should the pant leg go over top of the shaft? Or should I roll my pants so they sit on top? Cuff?

I'm already not liking these things.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

How does one style engineer boots. I always wanted a pair, now they've arrived and I'm stumped. Should the pant leg go over top of the shaft? Or should I roll my pants so they sit on top? Cuff?

I'm already not liking these things.

I wear them with bomber jackets and leather motorcycle jackets. Pants always cuffed and pulled over the boot shaft. I think they look nice with a wider cuff for an old school look. You also need a slightly wider hem, so that things sit naturally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads