• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Want to buy a Margiela tuxedo and wear it in a sort of louche fashion. Good idea/Bad idea?

This summer I am doing that but with Moccs/Espadrilles and with 2 piece wool suit

The more I wear virgin wool pants, the more I question the need for any of my jeans

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People are asking with regards to the taper on chinos and jeans. Those seem like the most simple measurements in the world. We're not talking about anatomically distorted artisanal jackets.

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

also the worst thing about the alden thread, other than that creepy uncle ****, is the jeans the dudes wear. all are unworn raw selvedge with 7" inch cuffs. ugh.

I'm completely misinformed on this subject, but is there not a popular retailer of Alden in Hawaii? could it be these people use uncle (do they say cuz too?) like "we" SWD crowd use bro etc? I am pretty sure that is just a term of respect for elders in Hawaii

Eh, a truly random thought

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

I'm completely misinformed on this subject, but is there not a popular retailer of Alden in Hawaii? could it be these people use uncle (do they say cuz too?) like "we" SWD crowd use bro etc? I am pretty sure that is just a term of respect for elders in Hawaii

Eh, a truly random thought

that's not why they use uncle. they use uncle because there's old guy with like 50,000 pairs of aldens who they all 'respect'.

rft: i wish i had parents that gave me any sort of financial support. i mean yea i guess it's a little gratifying not to be supported by my parents, but if i had a choice i'd love extra money :(

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
He thats the only logical explanation that comes to mind

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, also, does anyone have any licorice recommendations? Of all types, but particularly salmiakki-style fish. Gimme the good stuff, the hard-hitters, the candies that drip with anise and licorice root and other herbaceous goodness.

Real absinthe is pretty good and matches your name !

kashmir

Reaction score
Alden is like the holy grail shoes here in Indonesia, along with the americana/heritage stuff. Really, I don't understand why. It's been going strong for a few years and still growing, it's that late compared to Japan. The sad thing is that great number of copycats show up utilizing bad quality leathers and ****** shapes. And the fact that most wearers are skinny 5' 5" wearing skinny selvedge jeans doesn't help.

computurd

Reaction score

yeah you're overthinking only way to get over it is wear them

haha yeah true. I dont know why i feel so awkward this time round, ive gone through 3 pairs of raw jeans in the past but its only now I feel weird in these brand new ones. they just dont seem to look good with anything.

Maybe i am just used to my old beat up jeans and cbf going through the wear and tear process now. Ill probably just use them as house lounging pants for the mean time.

100 yrs

Reaction score

Oh, also, does anyone have any licorice recommendations? Of all types, but particularly salmiakki-style fish. Gimme the good stuff, the hard-hitters, the candies that drip with anise and licorice root and other herbaceous goodness.

but for real why would you make such a disgusting soap?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

damnit ebay buyers buy or pay up if you already bought ma ****

i need to pay for stuff on BS!!

Hate people who negotiate a **** ton then get their price then disappear. Then ******* message like two weeks later saying oops actually I want to buy it now then flake again

Just bought a new pair of raw denims and my gawd I feel so awkward in them.

I dont mind the stiffness but its the dark blue color. I feel like a total stiff in them and dont feel like I look right in them

I never recalled feeling this way when my old jeans were new.

Help! Even wearing a standard white T shirt makes me feel awkward in them.

Has anyone had this issue?

I find myself going back to my old jeans

Sleep in them for two weeks and man up

measurements don't always tell the whole story. sometimes the cut of a piece can make it fit differently than you would anticipate based on measurements.

Yeah pretty much want to try on everything I buy these days

Licorice is disgusting. Just sayin',

Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads