• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saw in spam that aitor was being carried at okini and got excited, but it's just lame prints for stupid money :(

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stitches should get the Margiela Regis tattooed onto his back.

FTFY

does anyone have a good recommendation for super thin, long and cheap dress socks? preferably something like bamboo that doesn't fall apart after one wear. i have a bunch of uniqlo socks, but they're a little thick for some of my dress shoes, and too short

Depends on what cheap is. Nordstrom has those OTC cotton socks in black/blue/brown/gray that thin, durable, and cost about $13 a pair. I wear a pair everyday and they last years.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

does anyone have a good recommendation for super thin, long and cheap dress socks? preferably something like bamboo that doesn't fall apart after one wear. i have a bunch of uniqlo socks, but they're a little thick for some of my dress shoes, and too short

I have a lot of pairs from PRL or RL or something like that that I really like, which I'm pretty sure are a cotton/bamboo blend. I always just buy them at marshals or ross. They're the seamless-toe style, which is all I can wear. CK and Perry Ellis also make seamless variants (also at marshalls) - the CK ones are a little thinner, but the PE are comfier and haven't lost any of their stretch. I think the PRL are my favorites. They're all thin enough for dress shoes/boots. They're all usually available in 3 packs for 8-12$

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've had this jacket for a month now, and I'm still figuring out ways to style it.

was thinking black carrot-shaped trousers. (related thought: time to buy some black carrot-shaped trousers)

What you say?

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you shop online in the future you will be able to pull up a real size hologram of the clothes and virtually try them on.

fishbones

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that posted up the links to Siki Im retailers!
Definitely going to wait for the stock to update again.

After today's Ervell sample sale, I'm fairly sure I'm going to stop with Ervell for a little bit and switch over to different designers.
Schneider, Dana Lee, Margaret Howell, etc..
I'd say I'm content with my Ervell collection at the moment.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna take a test. Will probably get rocked by it. Will want to emotion buy. Its my version of feelings eat. :embar:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I've had this jacket for a month now, and I'm still figuring out ways to style it.

was thinking black carrot-shaped trousers. (related thought: time to buy some black carrot-shaped trousers)

What you say?

Go for it. To tell you the truth, I don't think that jacket looks great with jeans. Carrot-shaped trousers would look much better.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I don't think the jacket is ever gonna look good with anything, because it's like an awkward cross between a kimono and a pajama top. I'd sell it.

alternatively, stop trying to wear it with casual clothes. it's a rip of a tuxedo jacket, no? so try it with some grey dress pants, black shoes and a white shirt.

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are other versions of the jacket from other seasons. It's inspired more by kimonos than tuxedo jackets, which is what I dig about it-- lots of volume, but in a controlled sort of way. Not really meant as a formal piece

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's not as much volume on you which is part of the reason why I think it looks a little odd. On you it's quite cropped and fairly slim (judging just from that photo) and in the looks above it looks a lot more voluminous.

Also the fabric looks weird in that cut, sharp, classic suiting fabric cut weirdly like that doesn't really work for me, the jacket in the right picture looks great because the fabric is a lot more textured and unconventional, which matches the cut.

In other news, you have a really good face.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
well for one, those jacket models look better, and fit the models better (more volume). second they are wearing it semi - formal - dressier shoes and dressier pants. i don't think carrot shaped pants will help because you don't have enough volume on top. it walks this awkward middle ground between baggy and slim.. it honestly looks like a robe someone chopped in half.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my pic makes it look much slimmer/shorter than it does in real life, which is kind of annoying. I'll have to find another angle to do it more justice. Interesting point about the fabric though

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, on a completely different note, has anyone had success selling Kris Van Assche (clothing, not sneakers) on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads