• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
I've been thinking a bit lately about how when we critique outfits online, we rarely consider the inherently modular nature of clothing. I'll use myself as an example, and please note I am not trying to be defensive or discredit criticism.

On my most recent outfit, the majority of the feedback was positive, but a lot of the comments I got were things like:

• taper pants
  • looser shirt/drapier
  • non-print shirt

Thing is, I do have items to fit all of these pre-requisites. But if I follow them, I'll only have one outfit to wear with my new $900 coat. Of course, it's fine to have a preference and an ideal for the "perfect styling" which cannot realistically be achieved every day – and the comments listed above are fine – but I think we should step back some times and consider that things can be different but equal. We can't wear the same thing every day.

Last edited:

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

the who, Id like to make your xmas wish come true but im already on holidays so there will be no snowman sightings at school this holiday season :eek:
my friend took candids of everyone during the last day of school, ill see if i can dig it up. i was wearing ervellxlanvinxhmm.

what school do you go to?

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Update in the Rick Owens Coke bottle case.....
They want me to file a police report and fax it to them. Anyone done this for PayPal before? What do I even say to the police? "Some dude shipped me a coke bottle instead of a jacket"?

Man that's gonna be an awkward conversation w/ the police department, explaining to them how much the jacket is worth haha

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit: resolved :eek:

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Lets start a gang

1CBXT.jpg

Cuban, American, and Puerto Rican flag pins on the hat, I'm confused

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
So I had to do something similar when I received a package that was opened (likely by the usps...) before delivery. The seller refused to refund my money even though the goods never arrived, saying that he was only responsible for mailing the package. Going to the police was a huge hassle, and they'll most likely redirect you to the usps' internal police. USPS workers themselves seem oblivious to the fact that they have their own police, so they won't be of any help. Just persist at your local police department, ask for a police contact, and call paypal customer support to explain your case. I won my case in the end.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are probably going to be like **** that you probbaly have enough money to cover the loses.
:)()

Haha yea when my Schneider shirt was almost lost in the mail, explaining to various postal workers that I thought they had lost a nearly $300 shirt that I paid nearly $200 for made their eyes pop out, then they would always look me head to toe haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads