• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
thanks for posting that. gonna buy it when it's on sale, sized up 1 or 2 and wear it over my Monitaly 5-zip

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

What tie are you looking for? We have a bunch coming for a photoshoot. Might be in there. Just sayin'. You can also always go baller and get it MTO. As long as it's not untipped, the wait is probably not that bad.

Now what the **** do I need a mto tie for? lol

I like boring ties so just cashmeres, micro dots, conservative repps etc, mostly navy and grey.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fok: There's a herringbone EG vest that might be worth looking into (they had it at Bloomingdales).

Other RFT:

Barneys SF
  • Balenciaga wool collared rider was disappointing leather wise, they didn't have the wool sleeved version.
  • no Margiela menswear, just a couple shoes
  • only a few pairs of white on white Balenciaga pleated highs at the NY store

Other disappointing stuff
  • some Junya outerwear
  • Ovadia and Sons leathers
  • Yigal Azruel leathers

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At $1500, I'm expecting something better :puzzled: it was not impressive.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
Now what the **** do I need a mto tie for? lol
I like boring ties so just cashmeres, micro dots, conservative repps etc, mostly navy and grey.

I think he meant what tie as in black tie, white tie
redface.gif

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
RFT: I've been really, REALLY good about not buying any clothing for a long time now, excluding the Monro down vest (I needed to replace my down vest anyway). Been focusing on other stuff and saving for lots of travel.

There is one thing I do want badly though and have been having trouble finding: a black 100% cashmere baseball cap.

I checked out the usual spots like barneys and bergdorf, since I figured they would have a Cucinelli one or something, but no luck really. There was a really nice Loro Piana one but it had a stitched logo on it, and I definitely don't want that. Found a Borsalino one that I sort of like but it was really floppy. May have to default to it but I know you guys are good at shopping so if anybody can track me down a black cashmere cap <200 or so I will be very grateful and most likely send you a present of some kind :)

Would also consider navy as well if you can find that

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now let's talk about that present

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

Reaction score

Now let's talk about that present

What's this one? It looks a bit fuzzy :)

Jet's Locke rec was good. They have a nice wool one but I was hoping for cashmere.

This Ervell suede is nice in it's own way too, but I'm not sure I can really get into a suede cap

also like this Highland Mohair one in black watch but the floor model one at OC was looking pretty nasty as it gets worn a bit, so even though they'd give me a new one I don't think it will age well.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RFT: I've been really, REALLY good about not buying any clothing for a long time now, excluding the Monro down vest (I needed to replace my down vest anyway).  Been focusing on other stuff and saving for lots of travel.

There is one thing I do want badly though and have been having trouble finding: a black 100% cashmere baseball cap.

I checked out the usual spots like barneys and bergdorf, since I figured they would have a Cucinelli one or something, but no luck really.  There was a really nice Loro Piana one but it had a stitched logo on it, and I definitely don't want that.  Found a Borsalino one that I sort of like but it was really floppy.  May have to default to it but I know you guys are good at shopping so if anybody can track me down a black cashmere cap <200 or so I will be very grateful and most likely send you a present of some kind :)

Wigens, a Swedish company, makes one, and it is in proper hat sizing, rather than S,M,L:

A quick google search shows that Patrick James actually has it on sale, and that it's available at a bunch of other places. Look for the "Daniel" model. There is a stitched on logo label, but thats easily enough taken care of.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sipang's and Ervell is cool. Hoping to get my hands on the ballistic one though

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RFT: I've been really, REALLY good about not buying any clothing for a long time now, excluding the Monro down vest (I needed to replace my down vest anyway). Been focusing on other stuff and saving for lots of travel.

I checked out the usual spots like barneys and bergdorf, since I figured they would have a Cucinelli one or something, but no luck really. There was a really nice Loro Piana one but it had a stitched logo on it, and I definitely don't want that. Found a Borsalino one that I sort of like but it was really floppy. May have to default to it but I know you guys are good at shopping so if anybody can track me down a black cashmere cap <200 or so I will be very grateful and most likely send you a present of some kind :)

not cashmere, but still an all black baseball cap with no logos and nice shape (was actually surprisingly hard to hard)
http://www.mrmuddandmrgold.com/en/categories/headwear/erik-schedin-baseball-cap.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads