1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

For the past few years now, so many pairs of box-fresh Bean Boots have been popping up each winter in NYC. And it honestly just looks weird because my first few years living here you didn't see any, except for maybe some worn in old pairs on a few other New England kids, that moved to NY instead of Boston, most of which I didn't associate with. (F off, prep school a-holes!) Which annoyed me to the point that I had to get all subversive and get the CP duck boots, which are functionally useless and aesthetically unpleasing. And grossly overpriced.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    6 people like this.
  2. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Yeah at this level of 1.2k boots and 3k jackets I feel that to justify these prices I'm paying I need to be wearing those items regularly. I blabber about the slow Caribbean life I like to incorporate and all that but I really do need simpleness in my life. I hate clutter and too many choices, just the kind of man I am. I'm always telling my mother and my lady I prefer one expensive thing to 5 inexpensive things. I think simple and minimal is the way to go in all aspects of life

3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

NYers, this should be pretty cool:

POP-UP PLANS: Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd., Japan’s largest department store operator, will host a pop-up shop during New York Fashion Week in an effort to promote the work of Japanese brands and designers to an international audience. The shop, scheduled to run from Feb. 6 to 13 at 47 Greene Street, is supported by the Japanese government’s Cool Japan campaign, which aims to help businesses gain a foothold in the global market.

Yohji Yamamoto, Anrealage, Facetasm, Mint Designs, Theatre Products, Kansai Yamamoto, and N. Hoolywood are some of the brands that will have goods present in the store, which will also showcase food and design products from Japan.
    http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fas...n-new-york-7317366?src=nl/mornReport/20131218

6 people like this.
  4. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

footwear is definitely a big weak point for me, i only have two pairs i wear regularly :( shoes are so expensive

1 person likes this.
  6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

and not nearly as fun to purchase as outerwear.

7. istasi

istasi Senior member

Whaaaat buying shoes is awesome

9 people like this.
  8. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

granted my footwear collection isn't as high end as most people on here, but i've gotten really really good deals on most of mine.

i also simultaneously think i need more and less footwear.

9. piluchavez

piluchavez Senior member

Anybody have experience with Lad Musician boots? Do they fit true to size?

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

buying shoes is so un-fun for me because i have weird back and knee issues if i wear zip boots or shit with a certain heel shape. and also i have tiny feet so my size is never available ever :/

11. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i think footwear and outerwear are pretty equal on how much discounts can be had. they are both harder than most other things ime. as well, they are both equally fun to kop imo.

12. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I only buy pants and tee. Al the rest is too goddamn expensive. You can survive with little footwear and outerwear, but shirts, tees, pants need quantity to get into rotation. Those are the item one washes the most while things like boots and leather jackest look better broken in and a little beat up.

13. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

I'm basically at the point of satisfaction where I just want cool socks and more baller t-shirts - especially after thia season's purchases. must get rid of some jackets

14. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Anyone happen to have that pic of a dude in a long and slim black "kurta"(?) with a black blazer on top?
    Trying to find the pic while on phone feels pretty futile

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

breezy, i forgot to ask what your ann suspenders look like :)

16. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

spoken like someone who's a common size.

17. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

18. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

you should have just asked them if they know what the internet is.

19. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Anyone know how the black Goodyear stitched Margiela Sidezips fit from this F/W season? TTS or slightly large?

Would adding an insole make up for them being a bit roomy? I'm looking at a pair in 43, and I wear 43 in GATs and 42 in CPs

20. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

^ yes, med size/thickness insole does it for me

Oh and forgot to add chocolate suede birk clog to the essential shoe list :hide:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.