• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, The Birds is one of my favorite Hitchcock films, and Derrida's "Différance" is one of my favorite essays...
So I was thinking of a flock of birds carrying (by way of a rope or string) a tombstone with the letter "A" on it, in an image that recalls the end of The Red Balloon and the boy floating away in the sky beneath the mass of balloons. Or something like that.
But I'm aware that: 1) the idea of permanence scares the bejeezus out of me, 2) I've no idea where on my body I'd put such a tattoo, 3) the image might be difficult to put into ink, and 4) trying to put something non-verbal into writing (like trying to explain this image in my head) can have the effect of rendering it dumb or trite or whatever.

Best place for something like that would be, imo, on your side, a little below the pit and down the ribcage. It´s cool that you´re planning on getting something so original.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm gunna get a squirrel running up the inside of one thigh, and on the inside of the other thigh it's gunna be a squirrel running down with a nut in its mouth

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone else feel no need to dress up as anything for halloween? I love being myself.

I'm like the grouch of halloween

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone else feel no need to dress up as anything for halloween? I love being myself.

I'm like the grouch of halloween

dagrouch

i never get anything ready so im just gunna wear my burning man stuff and go as a candy raver and ask everyone if they've seen molly.

HAVE YOU SEEN MOLLY?

HAVE YOU SEEN LUCY?

MAN I LOVE DAVID GUETTA!!! PEACE LOVE ECSTASY!!

HEY MAN WHERE'S THE COLA??? YEAAAAAAAAAAH

CK ONE SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE AMIRITE

MAAAAN THIS SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA SONG IS SO AWESOME CHECK THIS OUT

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dressed as Mitt Romney last night, just ran around yelling random Republican phrases at everyone and asking if they wanted to hear the details on my tax plan, was pretty great. I'll post a pic in WAYWT

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you could've gone at mitt romummy

but why wouldn't you have just gone as mitt zombie?

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I dressed as Mitt Romney last night, just ran around yelling random Republican phrases at everyone and asking if they wanted to hear the details on my tax plan, was pretty great. I'll post a pic in WAYWT

will you post with close captioning ? otherwise how are we to know :eh:

costumes at the gym ? one girl working the front desk had tights on, i guess yoga instructor ? and a lot of asiatics were walking around with cut-off tees or just shirtless. bruce lee impersonators, perhaps. saw people in costume at store. the pizza guy at the whole foods was dressed as plague doctor, which was kinda cool to see. the cashier was a ladybug but had removed her antennae because they were hurting her head. i didn't ask the black guy if he was supposed to be colin powell but he had glasses so i just assumed as much. another ghoulish lady had a melting face, but might have just been poorly applied makeup further muddled by tears, depressed because she was working at the cash register on saturday and maybe her boyfriend left her? i thought this festival was on october 31, and for children wanting candy. everyone wants something. entitlement nation. reedo, you should go as obama and offer to give people everything they want without working for anything. it'll be a bigger hit than some tax records you refuse to release.

Last edited:

fungz0r

Reaction score
wear toj dr and white tee to go out to a bar, girl asks "danny from grease?"

guess that's my costume...

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going to change half my room into a photo studio once the tripod comes in and I pick up a big white blanket. J/W how I'm going to hang the thing now. exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads