1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caseyfud

caseyfud Well-Known Member

My gf is in want of a new bag, and I was thinking of yooxing her one. Any brands I should pay attention to?

2. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

There was a guy wearing a pair of black on black Rick ramones in the snow the other day and I couldn't help but think the same thing. Just wore them with some faded black skinnies and a generic nylon puffer. Looked good, and I usually hate the ramones.

9 people like this.
  3. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

more of the "pedaled" brand. i first noticed some wild pieces they had on yoox. almost hit you up about them actually, as it seemed they would look good on you. gone now. had never heard of the brand so didn't know what to expect of it. then i saw it for sale on nmwa and that sparked my interest even more!

also...

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  4. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

nvm

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

why am I not surprised when Stitchy's the only person who can say something reasonable.

what's your budget?

6. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

spoilers not working for me, click takes me to top of page, wtf?

2 people like this.
  7. caseyfud

~$150

This used to happen to me when I'd click spoilers before the entire page had loaded.

1 person likes this.
  8. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

Get crackin on that SS swag. :)

:blush:

Thats me, mr. reasonable.

9. jet

jet Well-Known Member

cdw down vests from sw have less fill than normal for california winters and snaps only

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

Just had an order for a Junya Watanabe Duvetica down jacket cancelled because they "don't accept foreign credit cards" despite the fact that I used a Japanese credit card... not buying from these jerks, thanks for saving me $800

Another winter in the Uni-Qlo down jacket, best 50 bucks ever spent:

[​IMG]

11. Nunofurbusiness

Nunofurbusiness Member

Does this keep you warm and did you size ip? I bought a parka from them and it doesnt really keep me very warm.

12. superego

superego Well-Known Member

if you really don't think there are totally livable portions of berkeley and oakland (the non-'legit ghetto' portions), I'm not sure whether you congratulate your thoroughly sheltered existence or pity your utter lack of perspective

I'd probably prefer to live in oakland to someplace like san mateo--texture's what makes life interesting

13. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

This is a really annoying spam tactic!
    7/29/12:

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

I went TTS and it's the warmest non-technical jacket I own - it's 680 fill and quite substantial between the wool outer and the down fill. Not like the ultralight down jackets at all, proper winter outerwear.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

Oh berkeley is great as are parts of oakland which is definitely up and coming... and marin is beautiful if you count that as east bay (not sure to be honest my grasp of geography is pretty weak), but don't knock san mateo its actually pretty awesome. Downtown is pretty badass and has some of the best asian food norcal has to offer. Amazing ramen, my favorite chinese restaurant and the best boba in the bay oh and good sushi too from what I understand (I don't eat seafood, but my family/friends love a few spots).

16. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

I've spent enough time in and around Oakland to never want to live there - even the nice areas, as they're surrounded by wasteland. Berkeley hills maybe and I went to Cal. Walnut Creek too far. San Mateo >>>> Oakland for buying a home, especially if you're raising a family - even if you're not.

1 person likes this.
  17. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Well-Known Member

T, FTFY. The Bay Area is a nightmarish landscape of suburbia, office parks, and highways. The only nice parts are so exorbitantly priced that living there requires you *and* your spouse to have won the acquisition/IPO lottery. That I will one day have to move there to further my career is a constant source of dread.

18. Isachenko

Isachenko Well-Known Member

All american cities are pretty damn ugly. NYC being the ugliest, filthiest, and stinkiest of all. But if you wanna tread on the hamster wheel that's where you gotta go.

19. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Well-Known Member

Was that via Rakuten? I've had similar problems (with a different company). I think basically they see a foreign name and cancel the order. In my case, they said the same thing as was said to you (also despite my Japanese credit card), then told me to reorder with paypal. So I did, and then they cancelled the order again and told me that they only accepted paypal for foreign orders, and did I have a credit card?!!! I said that I'd ordered with a Japanese credit card in the first place but that they had cancelled it. Then they just stopped communicating...

PS: I also have a Uniqlo winter coat - but it's an old one from the 2009 Kiminori Morishita collab that I bought off someone on here. I don't really need much more for a Tokyo winter.

20. caseyfud

spoken like someone who's never been to NYC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.