• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[
IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/45710882-f334-b2e3.jpg[/IMG]
My margiela lows after a few months wear. It might seem dirty but there's little wear on the sole.
It's also only on the right side. Apparently my right foot is a little bigger
How to fix? I don't want to have to buy a new pair as everything else is excellent. Will margiela fix it even tho they don't have to?

This happened to me too at this exact spot, the plastic thing inside broke as well and it became really annoying. The fabric inside near the pinky toe knuckle (..?) wore out really quickly too. All happened after about a year's worth of wear, and I couldn't fix it. Shame since they're so comfy.

CoMj

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I avoid buying from Maison Martin Margiela. So weird how its quality isn't any good at all.

CoMj

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
mine have just started doing the same thing on one side. though i've beat the crap out of them for like a year.

In this case you pay more for their design (e.g. painted MMM GATs), and not for their quality. Margiela's are not that much better quality than the original GAT's. I have had both.

JuyLe

Reaction score

My margiela lows after a few months wear. It might seem dirty but there's little wear on the sole.
It's also only on the right side. Apparently my right foot is a little bigger
How to fix? I don't want to have to buy a new pair as everything else is excellent. Will margiela fix it even tho they don't have to?

This happened on mine as well afer a few months of wear. I brought them to a cobbler who added a piece of beige leather on both.

I've since then worn them for 4 years without any problem.

And that's how they look like now

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahah wtf is this MMM GAT's no better then originals

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of LVCs the other day thinking I was gonna wear it to channel some of tweens lazy less conceptual fits but its bringing the repressede denim nerd out of me

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Hahah wtf is this MMM GAT's no better then originals

no clue but i been had mine for some while now, wear them often enough, no rips or tears soles look brand new and i don't always stay on sidewalks :smarmy:
OG paint surviving like a g sup snowman

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
someone did a very detailed comparison between the MMM GATs and the originals at some point, with pictures, etc. I can't find the post (search sucks) but maybe someone remembers where it was or has it bookmarked...

there were a lot of differences, the MMM ones may not be the longest-lasting shoes out there but their construction is much better than the originals from what I remember

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ughh **** P&B was refusing to let me process my order because I'm from the UK for some reason (even though they do international shipping now) and in the time it took me to get that fixed the item I wanted was sold out.
baldy[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads