• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Will eBay remove pieces of feedback like this? Do they state specifically in the feedback that they are leaving neg/neutral feedback because of the price that they paid?

There are only a handful of circumstances that will prompt eBay to remove feedback. Feedback that contains personal information or profanity are pretty much the only ways eBay will bomb feedback from someone who paid.

So, a negative/neutral that states "I don't like what I paid for this item" doesn't stand a chance of being removed, but a negative/neutral that states, "I don't like what I paid for this item, so I'm coming to your house at 123 Fake Street and ******* murdering you" will probably get removed.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

recent purchases: a bunch of $10 shorts at uniqlo. thinking about buying some frees. how does sizing run? size up .5 or 1?

I bought my old pair of Frees when I was still under the impression that I wore a 13. I wouldn't want them to fit any smaller, even though the subsiding of my marsupialation has since allowed me to see that I wear a 12 in pretty much any other shoe.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, what's up with the measurements of my Gant by Michael Bastian shirt? Shoulders is 15 and the p2p is 20/21... (but when i wear it the shoulders feel more like 17. So confused.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

They are definitely nice but not all of them are Saudi-prince-level expensive, they start at something like 50k.

I think they're more like $100K or something, the Lotus-based thing is the only one they make yet. It sells for about $200K (actually probably more like $250K considering the exchange rate) here in Japan. I see a few here and there and they have a dealership in a prime location in Tokyo too, I mean you either have to be dedicated to the cause, or it really is a baller status toy. We'll all have them in like 15 years, but they're definitely for the early adopters still.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think they're more like $100K or something, the Lotus-based thing is the only one they make yet. It sells for about $200K (actually probably more like $250K considering the exchange rate) here in Japan. I see a few here and there and they have a dealership in a prime location in Tokyo too, I mean you either have to be dedicated to the cause, or it really is a baller status toy. We'll all have them in like 15 years, but they're definitely for the early adopters still.

The two new models er very good looking, but I don't believe in electric cars as the future.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new S looks good but the Tesla roadster is pretty ugly IMO. Fisker Karma seems like a better looking, higher performance alternative

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
electricity i think will be much more widespread before hydrogen fuel cells become feasible

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The new S looks good but the Tesla roadster is pretty ugly IMO. Fisker Karma seems like a better looking, higher performance alternative

The X looks good, but I wouldn't buy either, the Karma does less than 15kpl, which is terrible, when you think about it should be green.

electricity i think will be much more widespread before hydrogen fuel cells become feasible

They already are as you can see in the TG clip.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I know throwing away your $600 sneaks is BALLER AS ****, but is there something to be done about heel erosion? Like...vibram or something?
:butbut:

Exactly. Take to cobbler, or google yourself.

Depends on where you are, as it turns out. They started here (CO), and a couple of years ago you could get them for around 38-43k (iirc) thanks to tax rebates.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I live next to the Tesla motor plant
Was real cool today driving down the "private road" seeing white black red Tesla sport cars speeding down the road. Saw like 6+ and also a Ford GT
Looks like all the ballers in the Bay came out to play/test drive. The car looks real good on the road, jelly

Damn toasty you live in Fremont too. I live up the hill from the Tesla plant, saw a couple Tesla's driving home today. I didn't even know about the test drive event they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads