• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
All brushed cotton / flannel type shirts should have a minimum of 10% cashmere blend. Soooo warm.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

^Go pure cash instead:

2ArCV.png

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

(0), I mean a cash blend like you're talking about.

Mine is that T/M (tim.) one I was mentioning earlier, it's probably the nicest shirt I've ever owned. This but in a different colorway.

I know Ralph Lauren will do some 100% cashmere ones, and I think they have some blends. I'm as interested as you are in finding more shirts that are a blend like this, honestly.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine is that T/M (tim.) one I was mentioning earlier, it's probably the nicest shirt I've ever owned. This but in a different colorway.
I know Ralph Lauren will do some 100% cashmere ones, and I think they have some blends. I'm as interested as you are in finding more shirts that are a blend like this, honestly.

How does T/M sizing work? There's this mohair knit on forward I'm on the fence about... that shirt looks pretty nice as well. Prices seem really reasonable for the good fabric blends they use.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That T/M shirt is on sale right now at Forward for $10 less than it is at OC. I was admiring it earlier. What does yours look like, tween? Kinda jealous.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

That T/M shirt is on sale right now at Forward for $10 less than it is at OC. I was admiring it earlier. What does yours look like, tween? Kinda jealous.

Hm... I'm tempted to get it but I absolutely shouldn't be buying anything. I really like that colorway and the price is right for sure. This is mine, that beige is on top and cuffs, then there is the broad green stripe, then the blue and cream the rest of the way down. Single vertical stripe red on left chest, and also inner left arm. There are just little nice details like those small diagonal white stripes - they flip them to go in the opposite direction on the cuffs. Also the back darts are very cool looking.

How does T/M sizing work? There's this mohair knit on forward I'm on the fence about... that shirt looks pretty nice as well. Prices seem really reasonable for the good fabric blends they use.

I'm wearing a 3, which I'd say is maybe a 37 chest. I'm a pretty standard small/36 and this fits me the way I want it to, but isn't necessarily SF approved fit. I'm wearing it untucked and it's a very good length for that, but if i tuck it in the back billows a bit. looks very good untucked. I could probably get away with a 2 but I haven't tried one on.

I'm only writing so many words here because this stuff is a steal on sale and it's really nice, and I want to see more people get it. That said, I should probably keep my mouth shut so I can keep it all to myself :slayer:

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is pretty funny.... Lagerfeld is a legend, an enigma and sometimes acts like the crazy uncle at Thanksgiving!

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is anyone else irritated by the new Forward website (http://www.forwardforward.com)?

Their brand selection has improved, but I'm curious to see whether the whole menswear half dwindles into a vestigial afterthought now the website is "Forward by some Eylse Walker," whoever the hell that is.

I asked them why I'm suddenly getting emails exclusively about women's clothing I never used to receive...

wik0V.jpg

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your inquiry. Since we have just launched this site, I do not show that these options, like REVOLVE are available to select just Men's email notifications. If you would like we can remove you from receiving email notifications all together.

Would you prefer to be removed? Please advise. We look forward to your reply. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Regards,
Nancy
Customer Service

FORWARDbyelysewalker.com

Thank god for menswear-first sites like Mr Porter; everybody else just wants ladydollars.

Last edited:

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hm... I'm tempted to get it but I absolutely shouldn't be buying anything. I really like that colorway and the price is right for sure. This is mine, that beige is on top

looks like china burberry knockoffs.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm only writing so many words here because this stuff is a steal on sale and it's really nice, and I want to see more people get it. That said, I should probably keep my mouth shut so I can keep it all to myself :slayer:

I'm really tempted to get this in the largest possible size. Some anti-fit mohair coziness.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From a piece on Italo Zucchelli in BoF (part 1 and part 2)

"So how do you keep your audience interested?

"Instead of giving you a flannel blazer, which will always be in the collection, I might use a fabric that looks like flannel from afar but in reality it’s a techno-fabric mixing black and white; it’s a texture and it’s nylon; it doesn’t crease and it makes you look very sharp and modern. For Fall 2008 I used a thermo-fabric that loses color based on body heat. On the runway, the material gave off an impression of the model’s chest. These special effects are made to look effortless and it’s a way of updating familiar clothes.

"What are the most technologically challenging pieces you’ve ever created?

"We created a Mylar suit, although it’s not really a fabric, for Fall 2010. The concept of that collection was protection and Mylar, which is used for marathon blankets, is very thin, light and insulating. It also has great texture and nothing else quite gives you that effect. Mylar is only produced in silver, so we found an American manufacturer who could print color on the material. When we started making the pieces, which were heat-bonded, we found that the color would melt and fade in the heat, so we had to start over. We learned we had to face it with a protective layer. It was a whole process that took three or four months to develop and the manufacturer doesn’t speed up just because you have a fashion show! We managed to include the pieces in the show and they looked great on the runway, but it was very challenging. These types of pieces are very specific and are not necessarily bestsellers, but the Mylar suits actually went into production and were well photographed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads