• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More CdG derails

IMKOO_SUZANNEGOLDEN11.png

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
^ can't give thumbsup but that is outstanding . i have to admit that extreme angular drop crotch only looks good in certain poses in static photos not of me. otherwise i've come to conclude it's excess in many ways

pickpackpockpuck - i recall you mentioning your fondness of classical music, are you familiar with Hagen Quartet ? there'll be a presentation of Beethoven's quartets

Program
· Beethoven : String Quartet in F Major, Op. 18, No. 1 (1801)
· Beethoven : String Quartet in f minor, Op. 95 (1810)
· Beethoven : String Quartet in E-flat Major, Op. 74 (1809)

perhaps an excellent opportunity for 19th century bourgeois aesthetic in full force , sans Harnden of course. can't wait for this de rigueur opportunity

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He's more like a viking red headed dwarf than anything else. I imagine he has a forge home, well he's got a laser cutting table which is better...

And here is the beast in action, the laser cutting table I mean....

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I think a forge and a cave-like studio would be more fitting though.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not familiar. When/where is this happening? I've never seen any Beethoven performed.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, I was actually referencing Russell's character's line in that scene from Vanilla Sky, "THIS CANNOT BE THE FUTURE. Can it? CAN IT?"
Your original intention doesn't matter anymore. However misinterpreted your post was, it gave birth to something beautiful, a collective effort whose scope far surpasses the sum of its parts. (But to your point, yes, yes it can be).

Last edited:

bryce126

Reaction score

yeah, there was some pics from this season in the runway thread.
quite expensive, more-so than damir for example. i remember emailing about the shirt in that pic with the walking stick and it was about 800 euros

jeez. the guy might be crazy but those are absurd prices.

As discussed in the runway thread, Sruli Recht has an, uh, interesting approach to materials. For instance: "The showpieces for Icelandic designer Sruli Recht‘s first menswear collection are made of 21 blackbirds and 27 stillborn lambs." http://www.dezeen.com/2011/04/08/when-gravity-fails-by-sruli-recht/

the silhouettes look great, I'm a fan. but the materials...I think interesting is the right word.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love that CDG shoulder armor thing, love that CDG collection. Ima post some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads