• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like how they complain about Lagerfeld saying Adele is fat, and then call models freakish for being thin and tall.

it's funny in many ways... Lagerfeld says some completely off the wall **** but it's mostly true. He's the Charles Barkley of fashion!

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From a piece on Italo Zucchelli in BoF
Calvin Klein is really mystifying as a brand-- on one hand you have "Calvin Klein" squirming around in the Macys swamp next to the likes of Club Room et al, then on the other hand you have Italo doing really awesome things with minimalism and showing clothes at the premiere locales. There's no in-between.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Calvin Klein is really mystifying as a brand-- on one hand you have "Calvin Klein" squirming around in the Macys swamp next to the likes of Club Room et al, then on the other hand you have Italo doing really awesome things with minimalism and showing clothes at the premiere locales. There's no in-between.

definitely... CK has had this problem of amorphous ambiguity b/t different "parts" of the collection for years. Some is total Macy's shite, and some is really great quality.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so whats that loft called that Christian from SZ built?
my understanding is that he rents it out to creative types, is this correct?

im not sure if i should contact him as he never replied to my last pm (about adeline basely stuffs :eek:)

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

so whats that loft called that Christian from SZ built?
my understanding is that he rents it out to creative types, is this correct?
im not sure if i should contact him as he never replied to my last pm (about adeline basely stuffs :eek:)

No, he started the project and lives in one. Owners are creative types as they refused applications from bankers, doctors and such and concentrated on, say, uni profs, journalists, designers etc. All the neighbors know each other very well and he did a favour to a friend by having his niehgbor lend him his loft while he was away. There is no Christian lending service so forget it.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_lu6hekp7hp1r0cq1qo1_500.jpg

brizabrich? this guy looks familiar for some reason. does he post on SF or SuFu?

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No, he started the project and lives in one. Owners are creative types as they refused applications from bankers, doctors and such and concentrated on, say, uni profs, journalists, designers etc. All the neighbors know each other very well and he did a favour to a friend by having his niehgbor lend him his loft while he was away. There is no Christian lending service so forget it.

Sounds like Christiania, without the hash and bikers.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^http://www.forwardforward.com/fw/Category.jsp?d=Mens&n=s#mySelections

I think T/M wins the award for least search-optimized name of a brand. It's also really not clear that it's pronounced "tim."

Edit: two random fashion thoughts. My wife saw the MMM tabi shoes at IF and said something along the lines of, "I don't care how well-made they are, those are just ugly." Also, just saw a woman headed to a fashion week event who was wearing a gossamer-thin dress and was obviously freezing. But at least she looked good.

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to all the famous big department stores in London today (Harrod's, Selfridges, Liberty, etc), saw a lot of really hyped/great brands. Selfridges had by far the best ****, Harrod's was embarrassingly bad clothing-wise (but the food was tasty).

Discovered a great brand too, Sandro. Really nice cut/simple color patterns, good weight and quality materials, and reasonable prices (especially some of the sale stuff). Dunno why this brand doesn't get any love, really great stuff. Got a murdered out varsity with leather sleeves, was 50% off.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ah thats alright. im not creative anyways. was asking for a friend who wanted to work(create) while on vacation.

ryansmith

Reaction score
We shot a little thing with Martin Greenfield today at the Ace Hotel and he couldn't have been nicer. He even gave my gf a big hug and kiss on the forehead when we left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads