Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

I like how they complain about Lagerfeld saying Adele is fat, and then call models freakish for being thin and tall.

2. A Fellow Linguist

I'm really tempted to get this in the largest possible size. Some anti-fit mohair coziness.

3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

From a piece on Italo Zucchelli in BoF (part 1 and part 2)

[​IMG]

"So how do you keep your audience interested?

"Instead of giving you a flannel blazer, which will always be in the collection, I might use a fabric that looks like flannel from afar but in reality it’s a techno-fabric mixing black and white; it’s a texture and it’s nylon; it doesn’t crease and it makes you look very sharp and modern. For Fall 2008 I used a thermo-fabric that loses color based on body heat. On the runway, the material gave off an impression of the model’s chest. These special effects are made to look effortless and it’s a way of updating familiar clothes.

"What are the most technologically challenging pieces you’ve ever created?

"We created a Mylar suit, although it’s not really a fabric, for Fall 2010. The concept of that collection was protection and Mylar, which is used for marathon blankets, is very thin, light and insulating. It also has great texture and nothing else quite gives you that effect. Mylar is only produced in silver, so we found an American manufacturer who could print color on the material. When we started making the pieces, which were heat-bonded, we found that the color would melt and fade in the heat, so we had to start over. We learned we had to face it with a protective layer. It was a whole process that took three or four months to develop and the manufacturer doesn’t speed up just because you have a fashion show! We managed to include the pieces in the show and they looked great on the runway, but it was very challenging. These types of pieces are very specific and are not necessarily bestsellers, but the Mylar suits actually went into production and were well photographed."

4. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

it's funny in many ways... Lagerfeld says some completely off the wall shit but it's mostly true. He's the Charles Barkley of fashion!

5. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Calvin Klein is really mystifying as a brand-- on one hand you have "Calvin Klein" squirming around in the Macys swamp next to the likes of Club Room et al, then on the other hand you have Italo doing really awesome things with minimalism and showing clothes at the premiere locales. There's no in-between.

6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

definitely... CK has had this problem of amorphous ambiguity b/t different "parts" of the collection for years. Some is total Macy's shite, and some is really great quality.

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

so whats that loft called that Christian from SZ built?
    my understanding is that he rents it out to creative types, is this correct?

im not sure if i should contact him as he never replied to my last pm (about adeline basely stuffs :eek:)

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

No, he started the project and lives in one. Owners are creative types as they refused applications from bankers, doctors and such and concentrated on, say, uni profs, journalists, designers etc. All the neighbors know each other very well and he did a favour to a friend by having his niehgbor lend him his loft while he was away. There is no Christian lending service so forget it.

9. aether

aether Senior member

[​IMG]
    brizabrich? this guy looks familiar for some reason. does he post on SF or SuFu?

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Sounds like Christiania, without the hash and bikers.

11. A Fellow Linguist

It's Mike Nouveau from SZ.

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

13. robin

robin Senior member

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

14. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I can't even find T/M on the site, what is going on :crazy:

I have a T/M shirt that I really like as well, so soft

15. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

^http://www.forwardforward.com/fw/Category.jsp?d=Mens&n=s#mySelections

I think T/M wins the award for least search-optimized name of a brand. It's also really not clear that it's pronounced "tim."

Edit: two random fashion thoughts. My wife saw the MMM tabi shoes at IF and said something along the lines of, "I don't care how well-made they are, those are just ugly." Also, just saw a woman headed to a fashion week event who was wearing a gossamer-thin dress and was obviously freezing. But at least she looked good.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.