• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
My Skulls are uncomfortably tight on the hips so I keep saying I'm going to retire then and just use my KMWs, which are more loose throughout and more comfortable. But I keep coming back to these Skulls. I'm basically the girl that has an abusive husband but always stays with him because "we love each other" aren't I.
If you actually believe that they'll stretch (I have no experience with Skull) then it may be best to stick it out to the end. My PBJs were hell on my hips for the first couple of weeks of wearing and now they fit perfectly (but they fit everywhere else fine, just had to stretch the hips a bit)

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
If you actually believe that they'll stretch (I have no experience with Skull) then it may be best to stick it out to the end. My PBJs were hell on my hips for the first couple of weeks of wearing and now they fit perfectly (but they fit everywhere else fine, just had to stretch the hips a bit)
Nope, they've got all the stretch I can get out of them. It's 4 months in. Standing they're fine, but sitting is where it gets uncomfortable. I'm trying to get some one size up and I think that'll solve all the problems. I love the fit though, nice and slim without giving me chicken legs, and I'm liking the way it's fading. I just really hate how loose the top block of my KMWs are.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think I am gonna pull the trigger on both pairs of Red Wings sometime soon. Winter footwear setup = complete.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Overheard yesterday at breakfast:

"Hey, excuse me but are you that Thick as Thieves guy?"
"Uh, yes."
"Yeah, my finacee bought a jacket from you. He loves it and looks great in it."

The man is a goddamn celebrity.

I am SO glad you were there for that.
bigstar[1].gif

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Skulls are uncomfortably tight on the hips so I keep saying I'm going to retire then and just use my KMWs, which are more loose throughout and more comfortable. But I keep coming back to these Skulls.

I'm basically the girl that has an abusive husband but always stays with him because "we love each other" aren't I.

Originally Posted by MortyGras
Look at it this way.
Skinny jeans are out.
Your abusive husband is now not only abusive but also fat and impotent. Leave the sucker in the dust and get on with your live, girl.

See if the KMW and Skull will mate. If not, do as Morty says. I just filed divorce papers to my 5010. I no longer have to make excuses for the strange bruises and funny limp to my friends. I'm tired of apologizing. I'm free now.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had one magic pair of Diors that fit me great, haven't found a pair of jeans I like from top to bottom since, but that's ok, my life still goes on.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira

Clearly you embraced the slub, and it loved you back.

Originally Posted by Get Smart
bigstar[1].gif

Word. And the compliment is even more worthy because of the context. "An unxpected gift at an unexpected time".

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
My Skulls are uncomfortably tight on the hips so I keep saying I'm going to retire then and just use my KMWs, which are more loose throughout and more comfortable. But I keep coming back to these Skulls.

I'm basically the girl that has an abusive husband but always stays with him because "we love each other" aren't I.

My old PBJs i used to own were like that too. Have you tried just soaking the top block and then wearing them while kinda wet? Like go on a brief walk or bike ride or something. Loosens them up a ton. But yea, i hate that feeling too. Also, don't forget, the good moments with your jeans are really good and it's not their fault they beat you. They're just really stressed and you know you can help him and it's more your fault for not being more understanding.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I had one magic pair of Diors that fit me great, haven't found a pair of jeans I like from top to bottom since, but that's ok, my life still goes on.

I think that "perfect fit" is overrated anyway. When everything fits perfectly, you end up looking like a Sear catalogue model. I think that the whole "Wabi Sabi" or whatever is an overused marketing gimmick, but it resonates with me somehow.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I think that "perfect fit" is overrated anyway. When everything fits perfectly, you end up looking like a Sear catalogue model. I think that the whole "Wabi Sabi" or whatever is an overused marketing gimmick, but it resonates with me somehow.

I'd interpret "perfect fit" as "fits me exactly like I want to" not "fits me like MC wants dress pants to fit with no wrinkles or anything ressembling movement".

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have a pretty weird shape with chicken legs (I don't exercise, which contributes) but the Diors I had really had this magical rise front/rear, the front crotch had a boxiness I've never found again, and then the thigh to the hem taper was perfect, not tight, nor baggy. I bought them for $420, wore them for a year and a half and beat the hell out of them (I might still have the most worn-in raw Diors to date, and these were selvedge) and I sold them on sufu supermarket for $380 when the Dior hype was still strong and I realized the reason there were always dimes in my shoes was because my pocketbags had huge holes in them... not a bad return on my investment, though I lost the best-fitting pair of jeans I've ever had... :/

THe thing about clothes and grading of sizes is, it's really the designer's call as to waht size they adapt for their perfect sample; you can grade out jeans from 26-34, but there will be a couple sizes in the range that are proportionally pefect; stitchwise, rivetwise, rise and lengths, etc, and then there are a few that will be off and not match the majority of people who wears that exact size. It's hard to make clothes for people from sizes XS-XL, XS clothes can literally be 50% the size of an XL piece, but not everything (ex: buttons) get scaled accordingly.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
I'm not sure why Billy Reid gets so little talk on the forum, but they get my seal of approval nonetheless.
I really like Billy Reid's aesthetic and the clothes are well-made but after seeing a few seasons I haven't found a piece that I considered to be a "must-have" for the price. It's weird.
Originally Posted by Get Smart
bigstar[1].gif

Don't get too ahead of yourself. She was Asian so it crossed my mind that she could have been a friend from one of the noodle houses you visit in SGV and then had planted just so that I could spread the hype online.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
FWIW, I have a ton of jeans and I don't like the fit of any of them. Can't even list them off the top of my head at this point.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It is so motherfucking cold here, I am planning outfits a day ahead now, for pure survival:

Uniqlo Heat Tech short tights (like an extended boxer brief), under Uniqlo sweats, under pre-distressed LVC 501's
some tall black thick gym socks
MMM sneakers, I think, wish I had Red WIngs (maybe I will wake up early and buy them)

Muji tee
Uniqlo hoody
MMM leather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads