• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
It is so motherfucking cold here, I am planning outfits a day ahead now, for pure survival:

Uniqlo Heat Tech short tights (like an extended boxer brief), under Uniqlo sweats, under pre-distressed LVC 501's
some tall black thick gym socks
MMM sneakers, I think, wish I had Red WIngs (maybe I will wake up early and buy them)

Muji tee
Uniqlo hoody
MMM leather

How are those Heat-tech things from Uniqlo? I was thinking of ordering some long johns for *****...

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
impolyt: I thought you were rocking 875s? too cold for them? Still kinda want a pair of crepe soled boots.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
875s works well as (city) winter boots in swedish climate.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I got the red brown classic style 875's; they just don't match anything else in my closet.
redface.gif
Everything else is black or black leather so I guess I am pulling the trigger on some black leather Red Wings. expect some fits if i do.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The Uniqlo Heat Tech longsleeve tees and the 'half tights' (they look like knee-length boxer briefs) saved my life last winter. They're a little more expensive thsi year but they're still worth it, I had 2-3 sets and washed them 3X every week and wore them in alternation everyday for 5 months and got through it all. Plus the grey striped crewneck longsleeve looks decent under a button up so that is a benfit.

I am gonna nick a Brian SD steez thing and wear a Merino turtle under a button up under a leather this year and see how I do.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I ordered some long johns. Even though Atlanta weather is pretty mild compared to some of the stuff you guys have to deal with, it still gets pretty cold when I'm out at night and ****.

I just wish Uniqlo would have online ordering. I'd love to buy socks and underwear but it's just such a pain trying to order through the phone.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is where I'm going next with my fits. Nautical roots, but that avant-garde I just don't get from Mister Freedom.
295nov_style10.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I got the red brown classic style 875's; they just don't match anything else in my closet.
redface.gif
Everything else is black or black leather so I guess I am pulling the trigger on some black leather Red Wings. expect some fits if i do.

I thin that the red Brown actually contrast with all black in a cool way. I'm sure that the black Red Wings will make everything "go", just like all workwear steez would make the red browns "go", but I can see the bit of jarring making the outfit go from "works" to true cool. In other news, I see that Yoox has decided, in the infinite wisdom of whoever decides this stuff, to categorize all chukku boots as "High-top dress shoes." They need to hire some people who are not ESL to retranslate the USA and UK descriptions. Sure that the other languages (save, maybe, Italian) are just as mangled.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But it's on oki-ni!!!

OK, I am at least going to start tucking my pants into my socks.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my girlfriend saw that oki-ni model when i showed her a pic of an ndg item, and she instantly had negative comments for him...

seriously oki-ni get a new model already NO ONE AT ALL LIKES HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads