1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whodini

whodini Senior member

There is quite a bit of commercial interest in the forum. These affiliates keep us alive and we help keep their doors open too (though SFers are tough customers, so I doubt we actually help that much [​IMG]), and so I appreciate those people who are willing to make potentially unwise decisions with their money to buy the latest SF-endorsed product, sight-unseen, but at the same time it pains me to see people start rolling the hype train over something that may turn out to be a disaster, and it's even worse to see hard earned money go into regrettable purchases.
    Was this directed at the SFxApolis collab?

2. jet

jet Senior member

[​IMG]

Pro-tip: Never bullshit a bullshitter.

[​IMG]

That is seriously one of the most blatantly dumb things I've read from him/her.

3. whodini

whodini Senior member

And he'll never know because he ignores us...

4. jet

jet Senior member

I don't know about you but I feel special because he clicks view posts on mine [​IMG]

30's in socal last night wtf?

pics of magic tricks sweater?

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

I just feel special that he ignores us but:
    -not others who give him more shit (dexter, et. al)
    -will continue to give out shit to anyone (xenox, et. al)

And it was damn cold last night. I hung out with my buddy who went to Boston College last night and he joked it was never this cold over there.

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I had a smoothie king thing for lunch and now I feel like ass

7. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

I had a smoothie king thing for lunch and now I feel like ass

I had cheesy grits and spicy wilted spinach, and I feel great.

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I don't know about you but I feel special because he clicks view posts on mine [​IMG]

I just feel special that he ignores us but:
    -not others who give him more shit (dexter, et. al)
    -will continue to give out shit to anyone (xenox, et. al)

And it was damn cold last night. I hung out with my buddy who went to Boston College last night and he joked it was never this cold over there.

i'll trade for 30s right now. highs in the teens tomorrow and thursday in MI

9. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

I think it's time for a SF holiday knife fight. Winner can say whatever the fuck they want.

It's freezing and I look like a lumberjack, fuck.

10. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Haha never in the 30's in Boston? That's true...in summer. That's barely even jacket weather. Good joke. Any bad blood between the two of you over the bowl game?

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

i'll trade for 30s right now. highs in the teens tomorrow and thursday in MI
    That's brutal. I don't know how you people do it. I was talking to a friend from Denmark last night. She said over there many shops will simply close for the winter and reopen in March since they know that people will not go outside with the weather that poor. Damn.
    Haha never in the 30's in Boston? That's true...in summer. That's barely even jacket weather. Good joke. Any bad blood between the two of you over the bowl game?
    Well, he's been back for five years now. That much time in sunny so cal will make anyone forget what 15 degree weather feels like. He's actually a big SC guy, as is the rest of his family, and we tailgate home games nearly every time. BC was already scheduled to play SC in a couple of years but to have them play a bowl was almost a dream come true. Still, he's got to root for the alma mater, something we'll both be doing at the game up in SF. What's funny is that his dad's a long-time donor but is so pissed off at this year's team that he's rooting for BC.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

It has only been cold for like 2-3 days (i don't consider it that cold till it drops below 35 with wind) and i'm already starting to pine for florida winters again [​IMG] Also, driving in the snow sucks although funny/scary to see people start fishtailing and almost spinout in front of you. Why aren't street signs up north made in a way that snow doesn't cake on them? Just seems like common sense to me

13. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I think it's in an old fit pic of Fuumas.

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

The mistletoe belt buckles i see on google are really disappointing. Was hoping for somthing better

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

assholes who waste money thinking the pea coat is being reinvented deserve what they get.

16. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Well, he's been back for five years now. That much time in sunny so cal will make anyone forget what 15 degree weather feels like.

He's actually a big SC guy, as is the rest of his family, and we tailgate home games nearly every time. BC was already scheduled to play SC in a couple of years but to have them play a bowl was almost a dream come true. Still, he's got to root for the alma mater, something we'll both be doing at the game up in SF. What's funny is that his dad's a long-time donor but is so pissed off at this year's team that he's rooting for BC.

Yeah I'm honestly not a fan of either team (even though I'm from Boston), but if I were a Trojans fan, I'd probably have to root for BC given the way SC played this year and all even with so many top recruits.

Why aren't street signs up north made in a way that snow doesn't cake on them? Just seems like common sense to me

Street signs in Boston? Who woulda thunk it. [​IMG]

17. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Street signs in Boston? Who woulda thunk it. [​IMG]

Yea, don't get me started about how half the streets don't have signs and highway exit signs seem to only pop up either after or 2 seconds before the actual exit [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I think it's in an old fit pic of Fuumas.
    [​IMG] It's made of Swarovski crystals so it glitters.

19. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

reinvention of ingrained clothing styles is virtually impossible; making them look better or worse is entirely possible though, and we all know most experiments end up in the former category. Raf Simons (along with the huge majority of designers) made his legacy on that very principle; and no, I am not ready to start up the midmarket vs high fashion discussion again. [​IMG]

20. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Fuuma that sweater is so kawaii

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.