• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was brilliant. It more than makes up for Jian's Kia commercial from his bedroom closet.

All the chain store threads display a similar pattern. Talk is mostly centered around sales, coupons, and how the button down shirts and chinos fit. *yawn*

I think they are the nexus of the entitlement problems on SF. "I will return this order because they would not let me stack codes (even though it's not allowed)"

Last edited:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised at how many things I enjoy that are part of the complex media empire. My favorite hip hop blog (Pigeons and Planes) is also on it.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about a random fashion question: which e-tailers do you think actually have really good styling on their sites? Most of them are beyond terrible (*coughyooxcough*). Even Mr. Porter is pretty bad, which seems odd considering how much thought they seem to put into their design.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

How about a random fashion question: which e-tailers do you think actually have really good styling on their sites? Most of them are beyond terrible (*coughyooxcough*). Even Mr. Porter is pretty bad, which seems odd considering how much thought they seem to put into their design.

I think ln-cc is the fan favorite :drool:

oi polloi puts out The Rig Out which is pretty nice

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure ln-cc will emerge as the front runner. I like ssense too because it's just a straightforward shot of the item, and they allow you to zoom in on the fabric (agree with the comment above about just wanting to see good detail of the fabric in decent lighting). There seem to be more examples of bad than good. Even Tres Bien surprisingly manages to make a lot of their stuff look kinda boring, in my opinion.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only Aloha Rag to me. LN-CC modelling is pretty bad/uninteresting on both sides.

As a surprise, Rag has horrible looking mannequins.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Hands down forward forward how else to tell what looks like in motion
Fashion is movement

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, how else would you know what you'll look like when walking through a wind tunnel ? Important questions, serious answers, forward thinking.

Btw, I didn't know this existed until 5min ago

Best of both (three) worlds ?

The horror... the horror

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't always feel like a still image of someone moving tells me how the garment will actually move though. It's Patrik Ervell's site that has the little video of the model turning around, right? I guess that would be useful. But now we're talking about something other than styling.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
most of the responses were talking about visibility of the products and stuff like that, not the actual styling

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like LN-CC because they use a plywood background, which means business as you may know .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads