Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BB1

BB1 Distinguished Member

I've never understood the fixation everyone has with suit fits needing to be perfect-- i.e. only accepting a very specific fit style. Look at Synthese's recent all black SZ style fit. His blazer fit is far from perfect, yet the overall look is great.

I tend to view fit as being just one item out of many. Wearing an interesting ensemble, quality fabrics, colors, and interplay between pieces is just as important. If you succeed well in these other areas, then fit often doesn't matter as much. Most anti-fit looks succeed because they're good in other ways besides just fit. But if you're just wearing Levis, AA tee, and chucks, then the fit had better be damn perfect because the outfit doesn't have much else going for it.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

2. BB1

BB1 Distinguished Member

Thinking about Lane's recent comments in WAYWT about fitting in with the college crowd....

When you wear clothing that does not match that of your peers, you're expressing contempt for your own culture and its beliefs. By separating yourself from the common folk, you are expressing your sense of superiority. And most people dislike those who challenge their beliefs.

I cannot help but think this concept is subtly true for the majority of forum members, although many will be unwilling to see it. Lane is simply the less subtle case.

3. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Distinguished Member

This makes too much sense. ^

4. Biggen

Biggen Senior Member

+1

5. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Do SF people hold contempt for their own society? They one they feel has rejected them? Does a virgin cum in 30 seconds?

6. Dellath

Dellath Senior Member

Between Eason and Malakas, they have lessened my contempt for SF and society. Keep doing the do that you do do so well.

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

You obviously feel contempt for the white and heterosexual society you left to become a rent-boy in China...

8. Desi

Desi Distinguished Member

You should ask yourself "What are they looking for?" The environment that the MC crowd is dressing for are 'traditional' fields that at times are much less expressive than an artistic profession. The people they interact with on a whole are expecting a different look from businessmen/women than being decked out in Yohji. Minor inconsistencies in a wardrobe is easier to pinpoint in MC wear and may represent ignorance or trendiness on the wearers part and for all anyone knows that could be a reflection of someones business decisions. I am positive you know all this, BB1.

9. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

KitonBrioni? :eh:

10. Lane

Lane Distinguished Member

I guess you're right, it might be why I only mesh well with philosophy majors (people willing to question things).

It is certainly a challenge to the environment, and that does cause people to feel threatened. Its certainly a core reason why I decided to tone it down, its just too pretentious for the environment. I certainly feel you are spot on about believing your values are superior. Its especially true in this country.

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

People who would not befriend me due to the way I dress probably aren't worth talking to. That said, I don't dress this way out of contempt, I dress this way because I'm a faggot.

12. slack tide

slack tide Distinguished Member

so much athletic thigh in this forum

13. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Distinguished Member

It's true. There's an epidemic of people with giant thighs (from squats, they always say, though I suspect donuts/lack of squats may be to blame in a lot of cases) who can't fit into jeans. You'd think half the people on here are built like Cristiano Ronaldo.

14. aeglus

aeglus Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I'm glad I never got huge thighs like everyone else. Only muscular and awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.