• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Do SF people hold contempt for their own society? They one they feel has rejected them? Does a virgin *** in 30 seconds?

Last edited:

Dellath

Reaction score
Between Eason and Malakas, they have lessened my contempt for SF and society. Keep doing the do that you do do so well.

Last edited:

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've never understood the fixation everyone has with suit fits needing to be perfect-- i.e. only accepting a very specific fit style. Look at Synthese's recent all black SZ style fit. His blazer fit is far from perfect, yet the overall look is great.

You should ask yourself "What are they looking for?" The environment that the MC crowd is dressing for are 'traditional' fields that at times are much less expressive than an artistic profession. The people they interact with on a whole are expecting a different look from businessmen/women than being decked out in Yohji. Minor inconsistencies in a wardrobe is easier to pinpoint in MC wear and may represent ignorance or trendiness on the wearers part and for all anyone knows that could be a reflection of someones business decisions. I am positive you know all this, BB1.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I tend to view fit as being just one item out of many. Wearing an interesting ensemble, quality fabrics, colors, and interplay between pieces is just as important. If you succeed well in these other areas, then fit often doesn't matter as much.

KitonBrioni? :eh:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thinking about Lane's recent comments in WAYWT about fitting in with the college crowd....

When you wear clothing that does not match that of your peers, you're expressing contempt for your own culture and its beliefs. By separating yourself from the common folk, you are expressing your sense of superiority. And most people dislike those who challenge their beliefs.

I cannot help but think this concept is subtly true for the majority of forum members, although many will be unwilling to see it. Lane is simply the less subtle case.

I guess you're right, it might be why I only mesh well with philosophy majors (people willing to question things).

It is certainly a challenge to the environment, and that does cause people to feel threatened. Its certainly a core reason why I decided to tone it down, its just too pretentious for the environment. I certainly feel you are spot on about believing your values are superior. Its especially true in this country.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so much athletic thigh in this forum

It's true. There's an epidemic of people with giant thighs (from squats, they always say, though I suspect donuts/lack of squats may be to blame in a lot of cases) who can't fit into jeans. You'd think half the people on here are built like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Between Eason and Malakas, they have lessened my contempt for SF and society. Keep doing the do that you do do so well.

ugly-americans-205-2.jpg

Do SF people hold contempt for their own society? They one they feel has rejected them? Does a virgin *** in 30 seconds?

You obviously feel contempt for the white and heterosexual society you left to become a rent-boy in China...

tumblr_lpu6r9cwP31qgtty8o1_400.gif

And now I feel contempt for the asian and asexual society I left to become a bawse in Hong Kong.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

I guess you're right, it might be why I only mesh well with philosophy majors (people willing to question things).

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads