• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatik

Reaction score
http://www.toms.com/classic-styles?icid=us-home-072011_21

espadrille type things, and now other styles, with a "buy one give one" philanthropic edge

What makes it even worse is that the company Toms is really ******* with the infrastructure of Africa. They keep sending free shoes over there when nobody asked for it, and it's running locals, who get their main source of income selling clothing, out of business. They know it's happening also, greedy fuuuucckkssssss

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good news: starting in October, UPS will allow you to choose to get a text, email, or phone call notification before they deliver your package. Should make it easier to know when the hell they're going to show up. -- http://mashable.com/2011/09/14/ups_my_choice/

Also, saw a guy on the train this morning in head to toe Thom Browne. Must've been headed to a fashion week event. I gotta say, it looked really good, especially the longwing brogues he had on.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good news: starting in October, UPS will allow you to choose to get a text, email, or phone call notification before they deliver your package. Should make it easier to know when the hell they're going to show up. -- http://mashable.com/2011/09/14/ups_my_choice/

Also, saw a guy on the train this morning in head to toe Thom Browne. Must've been headed to a fashion week event. I gotta say, it looked really good, especially the longwing brogues he had on.

Sure it wasn't Thom? He wears head to toe TB and rides the train

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Resolution to the UPS kerfuffle: UPS called me to verify that I'd never received the package (this was after I'd already signed a UPS document saying I'd never received the package) and asked whether the sender (All Saints) had sent a replacement, which they had not.

This morning, I got a call from All Saints asking me whether I'd like to resend the package (a peacoat I bought on deep discount) or refund my credit card.

I opted for the latter, partially because I figured I'd end up returning it anyway, and partially because even if I liked it enough that I decided to keep it, it'd still probably be mediocre at best. I like some of their stuff, but I have yet to handle anything from All Saints that seems to be worth retail price. Retail on the peacoat was something like $200, so the actual value is probably closer to $120. If you think about it, $50 for a $120 jacket isn't actually that great a deal, plus I'd have a $120 jacket lying around.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't Thom. Unless Thom had extensive plastic surgery that turned him into an Asian dude. But that doesn't seem likely.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

i think tween saw him too

yeah I have a while back, but I was caught off guard a few times this past week seeing a handful of dudes around town that were very much part of his tribe, but unfortunately not him. Not sure if they had any affiliation, but like 100% head to toe fanboys which is just as entertaining. No asians though haha

I think that sounded a little ambiguous so I mean to say I saw individual guys on multiple occasions, not one large tribe of thom-a-likes

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I barely ever see anyone in real designer stuff (beyond like armani exchange, lol). theres one kid here with those sick camo lined junya screen printed jawnz and a bunch of koreans with PLAY cardigans and stuff.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah I have a while back, but I was caught off guard a few times this past week seeing a handful of dudes around town that were very much part of his tribe, but unfortunately not him. Not sure if they had any affiliation, but like 100% head to toe fanboys which is just as entertaining. No asians though haha

I think that sounded a little ambiguous so I mean to say I saw individual guys on multiple occasions, not one large tribe of thom-a-likes

Like Being John Malkovich, and all they can say is Browne. "Browne browne browne, browne browne browne browne browne."

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
remember someone posting on here about some cheaper wm-esque fair isle hats, but have no idea where it was posted...any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads