Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Like Being John Malkovich, and all they can say is Browne. "Browne browne browne, browne browne browne browne browne."

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

remember someone posting on here about some cheaper wm-esque fair isle hats, but have no idea where it was posted...any ideas?

3. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Jelly.
    Saw Why? last night which was at least worth the $12 on a Wednesday night when I had nothing better to do. It was seated though, which was wack.

4. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Where was it?

this is the VICE.com party so it will be free and definitely not seated.

5. BB1

BB1 Senior member

This doesn't seem overly useful. The UPS web site already tells you the day your package will be delivered. And UPS always delivers in my neighborhood within the same 2 hour window nearly everyday. So telling me the 4 hour window within which my package will be delivered is not really helpful.

It would be really cool if UPS's systems mapped out a delivery path / schedule prior to each day. Then throughout the day as the driver scans the packages ahead of yours in the queue as being "delivered" the system would continually update its delivery time estimate. As the driver comes increasingly closer to handling your package, the delivery time countdown would become extremely accurate.

They'd likely never do this though since it's safer to tell customers a crude 4 hour window and stick to it, as opposed to having exact estimates that can change.

6. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I didn't know what they were either. After seeing the pictures I'm pretty sure I have never seen anyone wearing them locally.

7. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Same here. But should we be surprised? Only a few boutique shops with tiny amounts of floor space and inventory sell higher end designer brands. $100,000+ cars are more commonplace than this shit.

8. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

All good points. Still, I'll take any additional info from UPS I can get. At this point I half expect their estimated delivery to just say, "We're thinking of a time between 1 and 10. Can you guess what it is?"

9. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Music hall downtown o_O

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

one large tribe of thom-a-likes has a nice ring to it :laugh:

11. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

I bought a Signals by Luca Laurini sweater from Atelier when I was in NYC, and I don't really want to wear anything else ever again.

Anyone else have a hands-down favorite piece?

12. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Its not a hands down favorite but I love my MMM cardi and I can't wait till its cold enough to wear it again. I wore it all the time all last fall+winter and miss it

13. theom-

theom- Senior member

my cosmic wonder bomber. I can't believe I had it listed for sale at one point. After I realized pulling it off wasn't a big deal, it became something I wouldn't give up.

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Amazon is currently testing a new idea (I think in some town in Oregon) where they will put automated package storage lockers in 7-11's. People whose zip codes are in the test range can opt to have their packages sent to the 7-11 lockers where they can be picked up. Packages can be retrieved by entering the tracking #/confirmation code. It's an interesting idea, especially for people who don't like having packages left at their doorstep/have trouble making it to the post office during their open hours due to work. Maybe it will catch on in bigger cities

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

15. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Don't they do this in parts of Asia? I remember something like this when I visited Japan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.