• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm going to NY next week (and meeting up with Scott and Lane) so sure to be fit pics :)

cool, it seems kinda geeky but it'd be fun to actually meet some of you internet people.

To bad you all live in the middle of nowhere on the other side of the world. I mean, who the **** goes to New York?

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hm, not quite sure. I THINK it's not available yet, and is very limited. Not even 100% sure it's being produced. But it was fuckin cool
It's special order only, and only Maxfield got it in, and *maybe* one other store, either in NYC or in Asia somewhere. The rep told me this offhand when I asked her about it. iirc, the wholesale on that jacket was $2300K, which puts the retail somewhere around the $6K mark.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey cheers, Bigskipp, I just picked up one of the Gustbuster Metro's on Amazon.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that USPS EMS delivers on Sundays?

(Psyched for that ToJ)

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
USPS never delivers on sunday...the post office is closed on sundays...

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I've always thought, too, but upon some further digging (Wikipedia and the USPS website), it appears that USPS will deliver EMS on Sunday.

One advantage of Express Mail is that USPS will deliver 365 days a year, including Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays at no additional charge to some locations.

Express Mail is the fastest mail service offered by the Postal Service. It provides guaranteed expedited service for any mailable matter. Express Mail delivery is offered 365 days a year in many locations. A small premium applies for Sunday or holiday delivery.

Last edited:

LPatterson

Reaction score

That's what I've always thought, too, but upon some further digging (Wikipedia and the USPS website), it appears that USPS will deliver EMS on Sunday.

Not to be a total buzzkill, but I've never received EMS here on a Sunday. Assuming a Friday ship date, It usually comes pretty early on Monday for me.

Patience is a virtue and all that bullshit :D

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

It's special order only, and only Maxfield got it in, and *maybe* one other store, either in NYC or in Asia somewhere. The rep told me this offhand when I asked her about it. iirc, the wholesale on that jacket was $2300K, which puts the retail somewhere around the $6K mark.

****. I was actually expecting / hoping for ~$2500 retail which I was totally ready to swallow. 6k is just stupid money though

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not to be a total buzzkill, but I've never received EMS here on a Sunday. Assuming a Friday ship date, It usually comes pretty early on Monday for me.

Patience is a virtue and all that bullshit :D

Then you're in a non-mainstream area. EMS is pretty much always overnight to any decent sized US city. It is considered 'overnight' mail in the USA, so a Friday package will reach most people on Saturday no problem.

The only EMS I've ever received on Sunday was international EMS though.

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There is a special next level international EMS between certain countries, not sure if the USPS offers it, but it can deliver it - it's TNT EMS, though I've only ever used it once. It's more expensive obviously, and I think depending on other variables is as fast as EMS or just slightly faster, like 2 days around the world sometimes, whereas it can be 3 for regular EMS. This excludes USPS, who are incredibly slow and lazy in the flyover states, from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads