• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Was vintage an expansion pack, or does that just refer to a certain time period? I used to play a little in middle school. Nothing serious, but I had a half-decent black/green discard deck.

I liked Ocarina of Time, but I gave up on Majora's Mask during the water temple. I couldn't figure something out, or it was taking too long, or something like that. Then again, it was around the time I more or less gave up on video games entirely. And now I waste my time here and/or working out compulsively instead.

Vintage was a format containing all sets, though there was of course a restriction and ban list. Majora's mask was swagged the **** out.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Vintage was a format containing all sets, though there was of course a restriction and ban list. Majora's mask was swagged the **** out.

Got it. I think my MTG-playing days were pre-Vintage.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage was extended Extended, and Extended was extended Standard.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
how did you have three!

did you have the american and *** ones?

LOL WESTSIDDDEEE, you just reminded me I so jipped some kid cuz I sold him the special edition movie cards you get just from watching the pokemon movie. hahahaaaa

i had the japanese charizard i think from team rocket booster.

i had some other foreign cards too, german joints, french joints.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna back AR up on this one. Lawyers work ungodly hours. I'm surprised he can even maintain his svelte, new figure given the workload. My brother does this + a wife (also a lawyer) and a 7-month-old, and he doesn't even have time to go to the gym, much less go out (save for the occasional brunch that's wife + kid + random friend who probably also brings along an infant).
Not all law jobs are miserable. But the good ones are almost impossible to get.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
**** the water stage of any game...

Also does anyone have a link to the new Junya women's? Still haven't seen it and can't seem to find it

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/re...11RTW-JNWATNBE

Originally Posted by Lane
one thing I'm happy about is I never wasted my life on those final fantasy games.

You missed out, FF3/6 was my joint. I never had an N64, but I had a PC and an SNES. So it was either Diablo II or Starcraft, or the awesome SNES games that nobody really wanted any more. Worked well for me. Still have my SNES and my Earthbound cartridge - did anybody else play Earthbound?

Originally Posted by AR_Six
Sizing on passarella death squad tees, anyone?

Don't know about the exact sizing, but I have a medium that's maybe just a tad too short in the sleeves and body and I'm 6'5".

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Vintage was extended Extended, and Extended was extended Standard.

I don't even know what any of this means. I stopped play after they introduced the expansion set that was based off of like African medieval stuff. I think it might have been called Visions or something?

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earthbound the original hypebeast, backpack and a fitted.

No mention of Chrono Trigger, y'alls ******* up.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Not all law jobs are miserable. But the good ones are almost impossible to get.

My brother actually loves his job. It just involves ridiculous hours sometimes.

Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
You missed out, FF3/6 was my joint. I never had an N64, but I had a PC and an SNES. So it was either Diablo II or Starcraft, or the awesome SNES games that nobody really wanted any more. Worked well for me. Still have my SNES and my Earthbound cartridge - did anybody else play Earthbound?

Big fan of Earthbound. Spent too much time playing Diablo II. Quite completely after they reset the latter at some point.

Originally Posted by thats.mana

No mention of Chrono Trigger, y'alls ******* up.

My favorite video game of all time.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Charizard was such an overrated card. If you really wanted to **** with people, you'd use Mr. Mime.

This.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
i got banned from diablo ii. saddest day of 8th grade. best thing that happened to my life

i wasted so many years of my youth on d2 LOD

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
i wasted so many years of my youth on d2 LOD

lol, did you ever download that mod/cheat where you can put all that cool armor and infinite cash on your guy??
...and then sometimes it would strip him of everything
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
What should make you depressed is looking back on your life and having the best memories of it be sitting in front of a screen... I have video game nostalgia too but damn...
so agree... my best memories were probably summer swim team dont get me wrong i played video games all the time, but only because i had (have) nothing else to do

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
Earthbound was mentioned. Gaming talk over, the King has arrived. All y'all shut the **** up. Today was an awful day shopping. AA, UO, and Barney's Coop, though, to be fair the SA's in all of the stores were very nice and the Coop in my area is actually pretty nice (Thom Browne, Geller, MMM, not awful selections)

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got it. I think my MTG-playing days were pre-Vintage.

It's worth looking into to see if any of your old cards are valuable. Obviously Alpha/Beta/Unlimited are worth serious money, but there's random misc. cards that increased dramatically in value.

My friends and I stumbled across a local craigslist posting that was selling over at least 1000+ worth of old old old cards for maybe 100 otherwise he was going to throw them away because his wife was making him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Always been a fantasy of mine to stumble across a pristine Black Lotus in some bumfuck garage sale and go on a decent shopping spree afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads