Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Senior member

that shit is hilarious....especially the hate for fark. I see a lot of envy in their posts since that dude can just kop without a thought going into it, and people are overly dramaticizing the act of buying clothes. I understand the idea behind creating your own personal aesthetic, but its quite dubious to believe you are unique in doing so or what you are doing is somehow worthy of praise. In the end it comes down to a lot of people hating on a kid for his bank account, and not his style. This of course is masqueraded by this talk about being "authentic" which is a fucking joke since its code for "Im mad you can buy what I want in large quantities."

Fark has the privilege of starting out his "search of his style" with high end designer items, that's the only difference between him and most.

2. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

The over dramatization of clothes is the part that really got me, especially the talk of soul and such. For God's sake, it's just clothes. I don't like some of Fark's fits, but I am not going to hate on his bank account. I think when Socal was on SZ, he got a lot of heat for the same thing. This is one of the reasons I don't post much on SZ. Some members feel like they own the brands that they like and no other people can purchase.

People think the group-think is bad here on SF. It ain't nothing compared to SZ.

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

They have some merit to their allegiance to those brands. I could never fathom having that kind of attachment to something like, say...clarks (lmao).

uh, most of the soul talk was coming from that one chick who posts good fits, but is very much what Shucks was calling her. Her use of language is nice, but she is quite unbearable with some of her posts.

4. Prada_Ferragamo

I actually like her fits. But I also like Shucks's posts. I guess I can understand the allegiance, but the smugness and pretentiousness really come out of some of the members.

Well clarks are made for a certain demographic. I don't like them personally, but I guess people are entitled to their own likings.

5. chasingred

chasingred Senior member

Okay, who made this? http://fuckyeahstyleforum.tumblr.com/

This had so much potential, and yet came up so, so short. The writing and attempts at humor are so bad. [​IMG]

6. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

why does kitonbrioni post every day in the PICS ONLY thread without a picture, but a long list of what he is wearing? Clearly nobody cares or reads it, so this has had me confused for a while.

7. max_r

max_r Senior member

why does kitonbrioni post every day in the PICS ONLY thread without a picture, but a long list of what he is wearing? Clearly nobody cares or reads it, so this has had me confused for a while.

pics are in his signature

8. Prada_Ferragamo

lurk moar newb

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

that shit is hilarious....especially the hate for fark. I see a lot of envy in their posts since that dude can just kop without a thought going into it, and people are overly dramaticizing the act of buying clothes. I understand the idea behind creating your own personal aesthetic, but its quite dubious to believe you are unique in doing so or what you are doing is somehow worthy of praise. In the end it comes down to a lot of people hating on a kid for his bank account, and not his style. This of course is masqueraded by this talk about being "authentic" which is a fucking joke since its code for "Im mad you can buy what I want in large quantities."

Fark has the privilege of starting out his "search of his style" with high end designer items, that's the only difference between him and most.

++++

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Chinese style maven

dude was black

11. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

pics are in his signature

ah right. seems bizarre that he doesnt post them in thread for pics then. Anyway, had a look and he looks terrible. Thanks for clearing that up though[​IMG]

12. Prada_Ferragamo

delete

13. max_r

max_r Senior member

ah right. seems bizarre that he doesnt post them in thread for pics then. Anyway, had a look and he looks terrible. Thanks for clearing that up though[​IMG]

tbh i'm glad he doesn't post them in the thread

14. G0079

G0079 Senior member

Maybe he's a master of blogspam. Every post = link to his blog = +1 Googlez.

15. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

when did AFL become the biggest hater on this forum?

Not okay with this reputation. I'm all kittens and sunshine from now.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.