• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that **** is hilarious....especially the hate for fark. I see a lot of envy in their posts since that dude can just kop without a thought going into it, and people are overly dramaticizing the act of buying clothes. I understand the idea behind creating your own personal aesthetic, but its quite dubious to believe you are unique in doing so or what you are doing is somehow worthy of praise. In the end it comes down to a lot of people hating on a kid for his bank account, and not his style. This of course is masqueraded by this talk about being "authentic" which is a ******* joke since its code for "Im mad you can buy what I want in large quantities."

Fark has the privilege of starting out his "search of his style" with high end designer items, that's the only difference between him and most.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The over dramatization of clothes is the part that really got me, especially the talk of soul and such. For God's sake, it's just clothes. I don't like some of Fark's fits, but I am not going to hate on his bank account. I think when Socal was on SZ, he got a lot of heat for the same thing. This is one of the reasons I don't post much on SZ. Some members feel like they own the brands that they like and no other people can purchase.

People think the group-think is bad here on SF. It ain't nothing compared to SZ.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have some merit to their allegiance to those brands. I could never fathom having that kind of attachment to something like, say...clarks (lmao).

uh, most of the soul talk was coming from that one chick who posts good fits, but is very much what Shucks was calling her. Her use of language is nice, but she is quite unbearable with some of her posts.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually like her fits. But I also like Shucks's posts. I guess I can understand the allegiance, but the smugness and pretentiousness really come out of some of the members.

Well clarks are made for a certain demographic. I don't like them personally, but I guess people are entitled to their own likings.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Okay, who made this? http://fuckyeahstyleforum.tumblr.com/

This had so much potential, and yet came up so, so short. The writing and attempts at humor are so bad.
uhoh.gif

stinger70

Reaction score
why does kitonbrioni post every day in the PICS ONLY thread without a picture, but a long list of what he is wearing? Clearly nobody cares or reads it, so this has had me confused for a while.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
why does kitonbrioni post every day in the PICS ONLY thread without a picture, but a long list of what he is wearing? Clearly nobody cares or reads it, so this has had me confused for a while.

pics are in his signature

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
that **** is hilarious....especially the hate for fark. I see a lot of envy in their posts since that dude can just kop without a thought going into it, and people are overly dramaticizing the act of buying clothes. I understand the idea behind creating your own personal aesthetic, but its quite dubious to believe you are unique in doing so or what you are doing is somehow worthy of praise. In the end it comes down to a lot of people hating on a kid for his bank account, and not his style. This of course is masqueraded by this talk about being "authentic" which is a ******* joke since its code for "Im mad you can buy what I want in large quantities."

Fark has the privilege of starting out his "search of his style" with high end designer items, that's the only difference between him and most.

++++

stinger70

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
pics are in his signature

ah right. seems bizarre that he doesnt post them in thread for pics then. Anyway, had a look and he looks terrible. Thanks for clearing that up though
laugh.gif

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
ah right. seems bizarre that he doesnt post them in thread for pics then. Anyway, had a look and he looks terrible. Thanks for clearing that up though
laugh.gif

Maybe he's a master of blogspam. Every post = link to his blog = +1 Googlez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads