Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meis

Meis Senior member

when did AFL become the biggest hater on this forum?

nah, BB1 definitely out-hates him

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

nah, BB1 definitely out-hates him

bb1 just hates boomers

3. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

^ I think you nailed it. lol

4. Listi

Listi Senior member

In the end it comes down to a lot of people hating on a kid for his bank account, and not his style. This of course is masqueraded by this talk about being "authentic" which is a fucking joke since its code for "Im mad you can buy what I want in large quantities."
    I haven't checked the thread out yet (although I probably will) but the idea that SZ people who are all wearing their Ann D and Augusta are mad that they can only buy a few $10,000 outfits and others can buy dozens is asinine. You could have a lot less money to spend on clothing and a lot less freedom. Most people don't even have the cash to pay the entry fee to gothninja let alone rock it 24/7. You could have to wear a blanket around your neck to keep steezy (lol) Reading the thread, some of the opinions being thrown around are almost as silly as "unless you can write as well as *insert favourite author here* you shouldn't be allowed to read their books!" While I agree that there is something to be said about looking at all choices, being forced to balance all factors to choose the item, and being able to incorporate big purchases into multiple outfits... I don't know if there is any proof this sort of cycle makes someone dress better versus spending the same amount of time constantly copping.

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

bb1 just hates boomers

who doesn't?

6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

[​IMG] @ faust and his meta-hypocritical cronies constantly talking shit like they invented the internet. Reading that board's "intellectualization" of clothing is mind-numbingly painful. Mostly just a competition to see who can name-drop the most mid-century existentialist authors in a single post.

On the plus side, I laugh my ass off every time Faust posts a picture with his NINJA BLADE.

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Okay, who made this? http://fuckyeahstyleforum.tumblr.com/
    How come i'm the only one without witty remarks [​IMG] and how the hell did that get on there? That fit was from a year ago

8. snake

snake Senior member

The levels of pretentiousness on SZ is nauseating. The classifieds (and occasionally waywt) section is one of its only redeeming qualities.

While I don't agree with it, I can understand where some of the Fark hate is coming from. It's like the rick'ed-out-towel-kid that posted here a few days ago. There's simply more to it than having the available funds to cop, but yeah, their argument for authenticity is just ludicrous.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

the way szers talk is like next level mc talk. watashino atamaga itaidesu

10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Someone fill me in: what the fuck is sz?

11. ltb

ltb Senior member

stylezeitgeist

12. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

[​IMG] @ faust and his meta-hypocritical cronies constantly talking shit like they invented the internet. Reading that board's "intellectualization" of clothing is mind-numbingly painful. Mostly just a competition to see who can name-drop the most mid-century existentialist authors in a single post.

On the plus side, I laugh my ass off every time Faust posts a picture with his NINJA BLADE.

hahahaha

Can someone dig up that photo of him with the pirate eye patch for the lulz.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

The last time I looked at SZ = fancy version of Honestforum, this was probably 2 years ago, though I imagine it hasn't changed greatly. - "forum aesthetic" made of literally only a handful of brands: check - bashing of newbie posters not wearing said brands: check - mega elitist attitudes: check - mind-numbing coordination of outfits: "all RO" "All Abercrombie" - check - mad layering: check "if one RO sheer top isn't enough, put on 3 more, and pop the collar on your RO jacket" [​IMG]

14. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

- mega elitist attitudes: check[​IMG]

This is the part that annoys me the most. I browse mainly the sales thread. I look at the pictures but never read any of the discussions.

15. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

^^^^^^While it certainly is funny how into "it" people on that other forum are, it's really no different from any subculture's idea of how "cool" they think they are - everyone is guilty of this. Styleforum, sz, underground "rave" kids ("I was into dubstep way before it became cool! this event is wordofmouthonly!"), comic book geeks, fuck, even people who been "into" various drugs have a more superiour attitude and "experience" that they lord over the new e-tards ([email protected]), or hipsters who like the bands first first album way more than their first album before they even existed. I have this wicked recording of this band that doesn't even have a name; it was recorded in the singer's grandma's mausoleum that dates back to the 900s - it's a super exclusive online limited release. You probably wouldn't get it anyway...

I think synthese said something along the lines of fashion just being dungeons and dragons. it totally is - all that shit is. Except maybe at sz everyone there thinks they are the dungeon master familiar with every version released ever. LONG LIVE GYGAX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.