• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue squares

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
do women sigh contentedly and say, "oh, you're so normal and average", their faces flushed as they rub their fingernails against the bulbous gristle deposit you call a stomach?

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do women sigh contentedly and say, "oh, you're so normal and average", their faces flushed as they rub their fingernails against the bulbous gristle deposit you call a stomach?

Haven't you put on a **** load of weight? Glass houses and all that.

Per the Levi fiasco, I like the jacket but fail to see why people have such a hard time with basic concepts. It's like the APC thread all over. Just order two and send back the one that does not fit. At a hundred per it's not exactly a life changing decision.
It's an oil skin jacket, it will be oily at first. It will also be water proof as a result of said oil. Get the **** over it.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, i have a mind-boggling 30 inch waist now

johnh is a useless anti-fashion contrarian and i'm not sure he even knows why he's still here

Dude that one sentence sums up your role on the forum with passion and eloquence.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Dude that one sentence sums up your role on the forum with passion and eloquence.

I don't see how I'm anti-fashion at all?

Maybe a bit of a contrarian, though
biggrin.gif

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see how I'm anti-fashion at all?

Maybe a bit of a contrarian, though
biggrin.gif

You're clearly pro "aesthetic" or "deliberate dressing" but calling it fashion in any but the most generous context is a stretch.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
You're clearly pro "aesthetic" or "deliberate dressing" but calling it fashion in any but the most generous context is a stretch.
lmao 1. this is marsupialed semantics and elitism 2. just because i don't actually wear "fashion" brands in the sense you're referring to, e.g. prorsum, mcqueen, whatever doesn't mean i am "anti-" those things. in fact, i am very much "pro" those things.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hawt

rustyshack

Reaction score
Just tried to wax some canvas at home, I wasn't expecting it to come out great, but **** it just looks like a used catch rag

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
confused.gif
Hope you didn't just use beeswax... Tincloth generally has: Beeswax Linseed/flaxseed/etc. oil Turpentine/gasoline/paint thinner/etc.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
lmao

1. this is marsupialed semantics and elitism
2. just because i don't actually wear "fashion" brands in the sense you're referring to, e.g. prorsum, mcqueen, whatever doesn't mean i am "anti-" those things. in fact, i am very much "pro" those things.

Hey man, I've got nothing against you personally, but seriously, when you obsess over animal prints and other **** only 1% of the gay population and 0% of the straight population would ever wear, it doesn't make you fashionable. It just makes you really really really flamboyantly gay.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
Hey man, I've got nothing against you personally, but seriously, when you obsess over animal prints and other **** only 1% of the gay population and 0% of the straight population would ever wear, it doesn't make you fashionable. It just makes you really really really flamboyantly gay.
except i'm straight
eh.gif
also never claimed i'm "fashionable" (not getting into this dumbass argument), just that i'm not anti-fashion on any level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads