Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

2. connor

connor Senior member

ive never owned a pair of converse because ive never felt they looked right on me. i think i might get a pair soon though, i almost bought some at the beginning of summer

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

seriously isn't that for like a 34" chest?

Those of us with 34 inches of chest and 67 inches of height are deeply grateful to Mr. Sternberg, apparent douchebag that he is. If I didn't have this whole fuckin' cello/college thing to pay for I would be all over BoO.

Apparently LabelKing wears BoO XS as well.

4. snake

snake Senior member

Converse sneakers are unbearably painful for me to wear, literally.

5. Wu Dynasty

Wu Dynasty Senior member

I don't know if something is wrong with me, but, like, for reals, I can't stand the way any converse shoes look. I never have. Maybe I'm not amurrican.

+1. I'm american and I still hate the way they look. A couple of my friends have chucks/purcells for everyday shoes and they fall apart after a few months.

6. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Converse sneakers are unbearably painful for me to wear, literally.

same here, I once worked some side job and I stood in converse for 14 hours straight and was ready to collapse from foot pain after

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Yeah, that's definitely part of it. They turn my ankles out weirdly. Actually, I feel like most pictures I've seen of people wearing converse/jp/whatever look incredibly uncomfortable.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

seriously isn't that for like a 34" chest?

i'm 6ft 150 now, even when i was 6ft 155 i posted a fit in boo small (non-overdye) and people raved over the fit here. not a stretch for someone like 5'8 and 135 (should be similar proportions) to fit in an xs easily

9. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

basic white chucks are ok with jeans after they get beat to shit.

however, they are indeed uncomfortable as fuck.

10. junebugmm

junebugmm Senior member

^ Non-overdye BoO shirts in XS is nothing too extreme, but you'd have to be pretty damn skinny to fit into an XS overdye. Length isn't an issue for me although it's best not to extend my arms when wearing BOO.

11. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

^ Non-overdye BoO shirts in XS is nothing too extreme, but you'd have to be pretty damn skinny to fit into an XS overdye. Length isn't an issue for me although it's best not to extend my arms when wearing BOO.

Overdye XS is my best fitting shirt.
    But the white oxford is short.

12. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Re: the acceptance of ill-fitting suits and clothes in the workplace. I blame the babyboomers. There was an article in the NY Times about this a while back where one of the essential points was that dressing well more or less skipped a generation... those middle-aged folks are still stuck in the baggy Dockers, over-sized polo shirt style of "dress" clothing.
    Part of the boomer mentality is suspicion of the well-dressed man, and fear of being perceived as "the Man." Not being too particular about how your clothes fit and look is at least in part attributable to that.
    We are talking about the generation that "rebelled" by taking denim from poor, blue collar connotations to basic casual wear. The suit was so reviled and representative of repressive values it spawned the phrase "The Man in the Grey Flannel Suit" (taken from the book/novel, though not 100% accurately. Kind of like calling the Beat generation Beatniks). There's no denying that the Boomers took comfort to the extreme. Although, we may give our grandparents a little bit too much credit. Simply because they wore suits doesn't mean they fit exceedingly well. The suits you see on Mad Men are not the suits of our forefathers. There's a reason American suits were known as "Sack Suits" and it actually wasn't used just to insult them. I hope someone from MC comes over here and starts arguing with me.

13. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

+1. I'm american and I still hate the way they look. A couple of my friends have chucks/purcells for everyday shoes and they fall apart after a few months.

my blue ones are still going strong, 2 years of use for running and gym every day

Yeah, that's definitely part of it. They turn my ankles out weirdly. Actually, I feel like most pictures I've seen of people wearing converse/jp/whatever look incredibly uncomfortable.

They're pretty comfy, depends on your foot structure.

14. snake

snake Senior member

You go running in your chucks? Ouch.

15. Tigris

Tigris Well-Known Member

yeah, i know...but, i couldn't resist...

in any case, my penetrating jabs are a moot point no matter how timely, as the great one has me on his ignore list

a definite sign you've been spending too much time here

You're avatar is awesome! Astral Weeks is a legendary album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.