• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles
I wouldn't count on energy beers lasting too much longer. There has been an active push to ban the use of caffeine in alcoholic beverages. Towards the end of last year the FDA notified 30 different manufactures (if I remember correctly) about possible regulations and since then many of the manufacturers have voluntarily removed caffeine from their products (most notably MillerCoors did this with their SPARKS line).

@ Eason: WAYWT has been clogged up with ****** lifestyle pictures (seriously i don't give a **** that you took an "artistic" pictures of your PBR at some dive bar. Using the sepia filter on that nikon coolpix you bought to be just like ashton kutcher does not make you an artist. go *************) but I'd be very receptive to lifestyle pictures if they included you curb stompin some bitches. Keep the ones of you s'ing the d to yourself though.

lol dude I think you're confusing me with someone else

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I dunno. Might go by next week and see if ****'s on sale. I know other fast fashion retailers on newbury were marked down. I only did a quick walk through a few weeks ago. Looking at some of the khakis, jeans, pants, boots, weird shoes/sneaks and shirts i could throw some interesting grunge drkshdw type stuff together with a bit of prep mixed in that would be fun. Hard to bring myself to drop like $500 on a bunch of all saints stuff though. Their boots don't feel terrible though. Better than stuff like bed stu but obv not on a buttero or ndc level. Considering it's hard to find stuff people like for under $250 it's not that bad

also, when i was getting my bagel sandwich at this hipster bagel shop this guy was giving me the internet eye ****. kinda weird and made me wonder if he was an old sufu lurker or something

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
Anyone else think spring court has some ugly ass soles? Was considering picking up the mid top, but the sole really killed it for me.

Not really. The sole is sort of what's supposed to separate them from the Chucks of the world. Canvas sneaker with a comfortable sole concept.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
actually BB1 those are the current american teen sensation... drunk and energized for 2.50. the girls call them blackouts in a can lol

Shows how out of touch I am. I suggest you get with the program and slam a few immediately prior to your next fit pic.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Not really. The sole is sort of what's supposed to separate them from the Chucks of the world. Canvas sneaker with a comfortable sole concept.
I find Chucks to be extremely comfortable. Our feet were designed to work without the aid of shoes. The idea that shoes should isolate you from the ground so thoroughly appears contrary to biology. Several studies have even shown that runners whom wear no shoes experience fewer foot injuries.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, but a job where you're standing for long periods of time or just mosing about the city they start to bug you after awhile especially since they wear down quick on the heel and sole and when they do it makes it worse. If you're just wearing them to the store or to go shopping or go to a bar not a big deal though. I like comfy shoes too but unless i'm gonna be standing or walking around all day i don't mind that much.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
APK I take it you didn't recognize the guy in the photo?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh ****, I was totally lost until I actually looked at the books on the table. You just went up a notch in my non-existent book.

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I find Chucks to be extremely comfortable. Our feet were designed to work without the aid of shoes. The idea that shoes should isolate you from the ground so thoroughly appears contrary to biology. Several studies have even shown that runners whom wear no shoes experience fewer foot injuries.

It's harder to injure yourself when you're running in a style where all the shock is absorbed through the arch of your foot through the achilles to your calves instead of just slamming your heels on the ground. Lower center of gravity and your toes acting as stabilizers makes it much more difficult to roll your ankles if you're clumsy like that too.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Holy **** was that 2nd uruguay goal awesome though. I feel bad for the bar stuffed to the brim with koreans down the street though. They were flipping their **** when i walked by during the first half

Some asshole Korean guy was cheering each time Uruguay got a goal and looked pissed when Korea got theirs. Needless to say, that guy got punched in the face quite a few times and cops had to come down to the bar. After that I woke up in my house with a broken bathroom sink. Guess I couldn't handle the USA game. Soju+beer really hits you hard 20 minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics