• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

frankmartin

Reaction score
I don't guess anyone knows what last these are made on?
They are Sperrys with RLH soles pretty obviously made by Rancourt.

edit: I emailed Rancourt and it's the 800 last.

Last edited:

jnik

Reaction score
Happy Friday guys. I love how much color these picked up over the summer
20190906_161507.jpg

goalaso

Reaction score
In terms of weight, can you all rank a single leather sole against, say, a Vibram 232 and an Aspen or Ranger RLH sole?

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In terms of weight, can you all rank a single leather sole against, say, a Vibram 232 and an Aspen or Ranger RLH sole?

The Reltexs will be the heaviest, but not enough for it to be a consideration. You would notice a difference between them and a running shoe, but the extra weight of a Reltex over a single leather isn't really a consideration IMO.

I would go with the Reltex. The leather and leather/hybrid soles that Rancourt uses are quite poor, to be honest.

RTD1

Reaction score
Anyone else experience a sizing issue with the Camp Mocs? I'm a 10D on the Brannock. I have 3 other pairs of Rancourts - Ranger Mocs, Boat Shoes, and Venetians (Brooks), all in CXL, all in 10D, and they all fit like a glove. I just got a pair of the Camp Mocs in Buckaroo in 10D. I literally can't even get my foot in them to see how they fit, they're that small. If I hold them sole to sole with my boat shoes the sole is the exact same size, so they didn't send me the wrong size. I'm at a complete loss here. Thoughts?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone else experience a sizing issue with the Camp Mocs? I'm a 10D on the Brannock. I have 3 other pairs of Rancourts - Ranger Mocs, Boat Shoes, and Venetians (Brooks), all in CXL, all in 10D, and they all fit like a glove. I just got a pair of the Camp Mocs in Buckaroo in 10D. I literally can't even get my foot in them to see how they fit, they're that small. If I hold them sole to sole with my boat shoes the sole is the exact same size, so they didn't send me the wrong size. I'm at a complete loss here. Thoughts?
Same last, so they should be pretty close even accounting for different leathers. Have you talked to Rancourt? They have been helpful for me in the past.

RTD1

Reaction score
Same last, so they should be pretty close even accounting for different leathers. Have you talked to Rancourt? They have been helpful for me in the past.

Unfortunately they showed up at my door an hour before I had to head to the airport for a trip, but calling them is on the agenda for next week. It was totally bizarre, I couldn't get either foot in them much passed the toes. My Boat Shoes and Venetians in the same size go on and off like slippers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads