• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't put anything on mine --- the nap was super lush and I didn't want to risk flattening it with a spray. I got caught in a flash storm a couple weeks ago and they dried out fine and the nap still looks amazing.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

So I want to do something fun for fall - how do y'all feel about Olive Bison (pictured left)? I need to make sure people would be interested in a casual shoe if I'm going to get any traction to actually have it made, but I think you guys would appreciate something special like this.

sound off! would love some feedback ASAP - looking to build these out very soon.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I want to do something fun for fall - how do y'all feel about Olive Bison (pictured left)? I need to make sure people would be interested in a casual shoe if I'm going to get any traction to actually have it made, but I think you guys would appreciate something special like this.

sound off! would love some feedback ASAP - looking to build these out very soon.

3-eye blucher or camp moc with
aspen sole might be difficult to pass up!

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crazy idea --- how about a PTB? I think Rancourt's is called the Sandford, I think. Brass eyelets, one of the lug reltex soles?

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

3-eye blucher or camp moc with
aspen sole might be difficult to pass up!

I am loving my kudu camp mocs...

I'll take a 4 eye bulcher with montello mini lugs.

I really like the idea of a ranger mocc - I'm even playing with doing it with a plantation crepe wedge sole, if only because I have a pair of 3 year old rangers with the crepe wedge that have held up better than expected (just about due for a resole, but I'll be wearing them a little further into the season)

mini lug would be good for winter though - we ran a vibram mini lug on our first iteration of the ranger mocc

Crazy idea --- how about a PTB? I think Rancourt's is called the Sandford, I think. Brass eyelets, one of the lug reltex soles?

looked it up - good looking shoe. we're probably only looking to do a handsewn style so it really screams maine on the shelf, but down the road a casual PTB sounds right up my alley.

thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming!

TactileOne

Reaction score
I am loving my kudu camp mocs...
I really like the idea of a ranger mocc - I'm even playing with doing it with a plantation crepe wedge sole, if only because I have a pair of 3 year old rangers with the crepe wedge that have held up better than expected (just about due for a resole, but I'll be wearing them a little further into the season)

mini lug would be good for winter though - we ran a vibram mini lug on our first iteration of the ranger mocc
looked it up - good looking shoe. we're probably only looking to do a handsewn style so it really screams maine on the shelf, but down the road a casual PTB sounds right up my alley.

thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming!
Just bought a pair of Essex ranger mocs from Taylor Stitch, http://taylorstitch.com/collections/mens-accessories/products/natural-essex-ranger-moc, can't say that I'm a big fan of the lactae havea soles, don't think they'll last long. Want a good rain/slush worthy pair.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

Just bought a pair of Essex ranger mocs from Taylor Stitch, http://taylorstitch.com/collections/mens-accessories/products/natural-essex-ranger-moc, can't say that I'm a big fan of the lactae havea soles, don't think they'll last long. Want a good rain/slush worthy pair.

absolutely - though I will say the reltex ranger might be the best sole ive worn in the snow and ice. aspen? not so much. My challenge is deciding wether these should be an all weather low cut shoe, or if I should let our boots do the heavy lifting and let the low cut style be a bit sleeker, but I really do love the lug soles and I think they look well balanced on the ranger moccs.

MattBernier

Reaction score

Just bought a pair of Essex ranger mocs from Taylor Stitch, http://taylorstitch.com/collections/mens-accessories/products/natural-essex-ranger-moc, can't say that I'm a big fan of the lactae havea soles, don't think they'll last long. Want a good rain/slush worthy pair.

Have a pair or Ranger soled boots I've worn multiple times a week for a year now, especially in Winter. The soles wear very well indeed so far, and were not bad at all on snow. I've heard the less aggressive tread patterns can be dicey on snow. What they're awful on is wet metal. SLIP!

i10casual

Reaction score
Yes, that bison on the ranger mocc would be good. I'd pick one up. I used bison for some western holsters last year. It was stronger and a lot softer than cow. It breaks in very well. I have people coming back for more but it was just a short run on some hides I picked up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads