• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey all, Got my first rancourt beef roll penny loafer, 7.5D. On first wear, Length: I could squeeze in my index finger at back with toes at front, Width: my width felt too tight sock less, [1 Area] and noticed that there is a lot, a lot of room on side of the loafer; enough to slide my index freely in-out [2 Area] crazy bump due to my width; pinky toes After an one hour of wearing for three days at home, Length: I definitely feel more slippery, I can slide in my index [1 Area] still open as much as first time, is this normal? [2 Area] feels more comfortable, I can wear thin socks now, but starts to feel sore in few minute, should I wait longer for break-in period? now I wanted to ask the experts, should I be replacing them with 7E / 7EE?
That is how my beefrolls look now. They area little loose without socks. Heard mabe anding in an insole might help, but not sure I want to as sometimes I wear them with socks (which they fit fine)
Yep. 5 last - 8D Barrie - 8D Grant - 8.5D Rancourt Beefroll - 8.5D
Intersting I'm a 7.5 barrie but went also 8.5 on the beefroll. next time I will maybe size down half. I was afraid to do this as I tried on the ranger in an 8 and it was crossing my toes so I just decided to go 8.5 on the beefroll

intensanity

Reaction score
So I ordered the Ranger Moc first, and that's too far into production to change. The Boat Shoe is early enough that they did change it. Should be good all around.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep.

5 last - 8D
Barrie - 8D
Grant - 8.5D
Rancourt Beefroll - 8.5D
just goes to show... Tifosi and I are the same size in absolutely everything but my feet would be swimming in an 8.5D Beefroll. My 8's are not stretched out to be one of my loosest fitting pairs

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

just goes to show... Tifosi and I are the same size in absolutely everything but my feet would be swimming in an 8.5D Beefroll. My 8's are not stretched out to be one of my loosest fitting pairs

My feet ARE swimming in the 8.5s. That is definitely not my optimum size. I will go 8D if I ever get another pair.

I should have pointed out in that post that 8.5D is what I have, but I think I should take an 8D.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ah, ok. That makes more sense. I actually ordered my second pair in 7.5E since may 8's stretched out enough but they are not the right size. After about 15 wears they are now getting to the point of not being painful but I would not do that again

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea on the sizing of the Rancourt-made Bass beefrolls? Wondering if I should go down a half size.

DayTripper

Reaction score
I'm a 7D on brannock, AE 7 last, Loake 026 (6UK), and Carmina rain (6UK). I went with a size 7 and they fit pretty well. They're not exactly snug, but I don't get any heel lift when I walk. I do wish they felt a little more secure on my heels, but I have very narrow heels so slip-ons have always been an issue for me. I think you're good if you go TTS.

Last edited:

wonsmithr8

Reaction score
Ordered natty beefroll with rlh sole on 4/30, was supposed to ship out on 5/21 but now shipping out on 6/5 due to them receiving more retail orders than normal.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ordered natty beefroll with rlh sole on 4/30, was supposed to ship out on 5/21 but now shipping out on 6/5 due to them receiving more retail orders than normal.

looks like my boatshoes will also be pushed back. I ordered early May.

Last edited:

gstephen70

Reaction score
Well, I'll tell ya, one of the risks of keeping this thread alive is that Rancourt sees additional business it may not of had this thread not existed. I already knew of the company, but I am sure a number of people are turned on to this great company through this thread. I, too, am sure my shoes will be pushed back. Well, I'll wear my worn our Timberlands until they arrive.

rawrz

Reaction score
This thread is also quite good at making people repeat customers.
If I can offload my black iron rangers I will likely build the most wonderful fall/winter bot imaginable.

gstephen70

Reaction score

This thread is also quite good at making people repeat customers.

Quite true. I am waiting on my tan boat w/ red brick sole. And then plan on a navy parisian. Don't know in what iteration yet, but I am working on it.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite true. I am waiting on my tan boat w/ red brick sole. And then plan on a navy parisian. Don't know in what iteration yet, but I am working on it.
I think more than our orders here is that Rancourt gets a little backlogged when they need to complete a major order or two for a retailer or other "shoemaker." I could be wrong, but doubt their production capacity gets hit too hard by our single orders, no matter how imaginative we make them!

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like my boatshoes will also be pushed back. I ordered early May.
Both my Rancourts have been pushed back from their original ship date - once by a 10 days or so, once by about four weeks. Like I said, I think they get bogged down with some major orders beyond SF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads