• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Those are cool. Never seen that sole before. I assume the canvas so that it keeps it's shape?

I'm not sure why they chose waxed canvas for this makeup. I guess it was just for something different. It does have leather lining on the inside.

I'm pretty sure the soles are made in Italy. They have actually been in use on some Allen Edmonds boat shoes for a while now. I've never had shoes with these before, but they seem to be good soles.

There was a short post on Rancourt's blog about these canvas shoes.

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score

I was uncertain of my sizing and preferred colours and so I ordered 4 pairs ... olive and navy ranger mocs in 8 and 8.5.
I hope that I'm not tempted into keeping one of each colour.

Haha. Keeping four pairs would be a bit extreme. It's convenient that you can return in store though. I've considered ordering a pair of 5 eye boots with the hope I could make a 13 work. Although, my ranger mocs in a 14 fit well, so maybe it'd be a waste of time. Good luck with your orders. Even if you keep two, it would be close to the cost of one pair shipped from the states with all things considered.

theinsanemao

Reaction score
Bought these a couple of days ago off of Brooks Brothers. 9D chromexcel.

I wear 8.5E in Alden Barrie and 9D-E on the Brannock. These were particularly narrow and painful around the balls of my feet. I'm glad I didn't size up otherwise my heel would be swimming.

gstephen70

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the Rancourt Unlined Horween Tan Bulldog after seeing the pics uploaded by Frank Cowperland. Thanks Sir, you made my decision easy to come by with your pics. I called Rancourt and spoke with Katie and requested the red sole as well. Can't wait to see them once they arrive.

My question is, and I am sure it's been asked before in this thread, but I went with a 10 1/2D as I wear a 10 1/2D in Alden Aberdeen last and a 10 D in Barrie last. Can I assume this to be a proper size for the Unlined Boat Shoe?

Thanks in advance for your time.

intensanity

Reaction score
I ordered custom made Ranger Mocs and Boat Shoes in 9.5E after trying out some shoes at Club Monaco and using their sizing paper. Now I'm reading that CXL stretches pretty well and am worried that I sized too high. I'm a 9EEE on AE #5, 8.5E on Barrie, and 9E on Grant. Am I screwed?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I ordered custom made Ranger Mocs and Boat Shoes in 9.5E after trying out some shoes at Club Monaco and using their sizing paper. Now I'm reading that CXL stretches pretty well and am worried that I sized too high. I'm a 9EEE on AE #5, 8.5E on Barrie, and 9E on Grant. Am I screwed?

Good question. It really depends on your feet. I sized my CXL beefrolls 1/2 up from my AE 5 last size and they stretched to the point where I can not wear them sockless any longer. YMMV though. The fact that they are Ranger moccs may help. At least you can tighten them up with the laces as you go.

Last edited:

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

Good question. It really depends on your feet. I sized my CXL beefrolls 1/2 up from my AE 5 last size and they stretched to the point where I can not wear them sockless any longer. YMMV though. The fact that they are Ranger moccs may help. At least you can tighten them up with the laces as you go.

I'm guessing your AE size isn't your brannock size?

intensanity

Reaction score

Unlined CXL should be sized such that they feel too small out-of-the box.  They will stretch at least half of a size.

Not sure about the bulldog, since it is not CXL.  I am unsure of the degree to which it tends to stretch.

Well ****. I'll email Katie and hope they can change sizes. Probably too late.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads