• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Saturday. Rancourt Navy and Brown Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes.

Rancourt Navy and Brown Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 2021-07-10 - 1.jpg

Rancourt Navy and Brown Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 2021-07-10 - 4.jpg

Rancourt Navy and Brown Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 2021-07-10 - 6.jpg

Rancourt Navy and Brown Shell Cordovan Boat Shoes - 2021-07-10 - 12.jpg

-Mike

Bavo

Reaction score
My first pair of Rancourt, the Baxter ranger mocs in natural CXL. They are great. This thread was very helpful. It was interesting to see how my main questions, TTS vs 1/2 down and +/- shoe trees, are never resolved over years of discussion! I went TTS and size down trees :)

AA299938-15C1-475C-BF36-272208BEEC48.jpeg

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Do the pinch pennies come with a box stitch? From website photos it seems no, but from previous posts it seems like some people have requested no box stitch at times. I prefer not to have it. Also, getting my try-on pairs tomorrow at 9.5E and 9.5EE. I went to AE yesterday and tried on shell randolph loafers and was sized at 8.5D. Has anyone tried on both Ae randolph and rancourt pinch pennies? If so, any insight into sizing comparison would be appreciated because I dont think I printed out the sizing guide correctly (credit card is ever so slightly larger than the box).

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the pinch pennies come with a box stitch? From website photos it seems no, but from previous posts it seems like some people have requested no box stitch at times. I prefer not to have it. Also, getting my try-on pairs tomorrow at 9.5E and 9.5EE. I went to AE yesterday and tried on shell randolph loafers and was sized at 8.5D. Has anyone tried on both Ae randolph and rancourt pinch pennies? If so, any insight into sizing comparison would be appreciated because I dont think I printed out the sizing guide correctly (credit card is ever so slightly larger than the box).
Is a box stitch a square stitch outlining the slot on the strap?

GaiusM

Reaction score
No AE experience but if your cc isn't a perfect match the size chart will be off.
Go with the try on pairs and forget trying to compare to other brands.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Has anyone tried both the Vibram 430 mini-lug and the Montello mini-lug soles? Or a combination of 430 mini-lug with Montello mini-lug heel? I would be interested in hearing any insights about similarities/differences in durability, traction, profile and comfort.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried both the Vibram 430 mini-lug and the Montello mini-lug soles? Or a combination of 430 mini-lug with Montello mini-lug heel? I would be interested in hearing any insights about similarities/differences in durability, traction, profile and comfort.
I think profile wise they are probably the same as they are about the same thickness. Traction wise, I'd probably give it to the Vibram as it's not as smooth as the Montello.

I have the Vibram on a pair of boots and the Montello on a pair of Venetians.

Comfort wise, I don't think I notice a difference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads