• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph's Preview Sale

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
no,I don't have it,I wish I had it for myself
devil.gif

I'll probably stop by over the weekend before my sizes are gone. They also had the shell blucher,plain toe.

Yea, I finally scored a pair of the Shell PTBs.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
I see

So they generally fit a half size too large?

i.e. if I wear an 8.5D in most AE models, I should get an 8D in the Darlton/Marlow?

I've never tried them on. I would suggest getting your actual size and a half size smaller and returning one of the two.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
Well I didn't ask if they would ship the shoes this time. However, in a previous instance, they did say they could ship a suit to me if they didn't have it in store.

I'm fairly certain they will ship it to you for $15 via FedEx.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone post a pic of the shell PTBs?

Looking for something in a cordovan #8 ... does RL carry any shell in that color?

I doubt they do,all I've seen from RL was brown,which I like. PTBs aren't as nice as Darltons though.
Inter,are they the same price?

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
I doubt they do,all I've seen from RL was brown,which I like. PTBs aren't as nice as Darltons though.
Inter,are they the same price?

Yes, they are the same price as the Wingtips.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a bunch of stuff. The Garrison blazer is included in the sale -- I got it at 30% off plus an additional 15% ($770).

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have an online code that they are not going to use?
Please pm me.
Thanks.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see

So they generally fit a half size too large?

i.e. if I wear an 8.5D in most AE models, I should get an 8D in the Darlton/Marlow?

They're true to size in my experience. I am a solid 11 (with certain few exceptions) and I have the Darlton wingtip and the Marlow plain toe blucher both in an 11. I tried the 10.5 in both and they would have crippled me and would have never been worn.

As far as which to get, I wear them both. I tend to wear the plain toes more during the week with flannel pants and sportcoats and such and the wingtips more on fridays with cotton pants and on the weekends with jeans. I like them both.

PRL Style

Reaction score
Originally Posted by txeconomist
I am going to give these a try one more time. Fit was a no go in May.

darlton.jpg

A great pair of shoes there...I have a pair right now in my closet!!!

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1/2 size large in my experience, so size down 1/2, or take bad forum advice and wind up with both a tongue pad, and a heel gripper.

cs1421

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
1/2 size large in my experience, so size down 1/2, or take bad forum advice and wind up with both a tongue pad, and a heel gripper.

+1 just picked up a pair today and definitely went down 1/2 size...

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked a store nearby and they told me that only the Darlton Plain Toe was on sale and that the Wingtip was not.

Anyone else have luck getting the 40%+15% on the wingtip?

I think I will buy both my size and 1/2 size smaller to see what works, then sell the second pair or return them

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads