• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph's Preview Sale

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thorn Proof
I tried the promotional code on line (NOV0509) and it didn't work. Is there a trick/step, I'm not doing? (probably operator error).
I think that coupon code only applies from November 5 - 9. This pre-sale is something different, I think, requiring a separate code sent individually to former RL customers via email. Edit: Since this is on a new page, just want to repeat my question here. Can anyone tell me how the Merino V-neck sweaters fit? Are they slim? Do you size down, or get your "normal" size?

Grenadier

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on the quality of polo sweaters generally? Are they cut more like the custom fit or classic fit dress shirts?

It's getting cold in Arizona...

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone willing to proxy that haven't used their code but will be using it soon? I just want a rlbl blazer (not the staple colors). Pls let me know or pm me. Thanks.

Orange

Reaction score
Did RL shoes include the shoe trees in the past? I spoke to a sales associate and he said that this was discontinued in spring of last year.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orange
Did RL shoes include the shoe trees in the past? I spoke to a sales associate and he said that this was discontinued in spring of last year.

I know the EG ones did, not sure if the C&J and Italy ones did.

nohomo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by azlawstudent
Anyone have any thoughts on the quality of polo sweaters generally? Are they cut more like the custom fit or classic fit dress shirts?

It's getting cold in Arizona...

Fabric is good, but they're usually cut too short for my tastes. Barely below my belt buckle. I'm 5'9" and get a M.

Grenadier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nohomo
Fabric is good, but they're usually cut too short for my tastes. Barely below my belt buckle. I'm 5'9" and get a M.

I'm 6'2", so I'd probably have to get a large, although I'm concerned about the fullness of it.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh everytime ralph has a sale the thread devolves into marlow fetishism... 2 months later a couple turn up on b&s and those will never sell

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
ugh everytime ralph has a sale the thread devolves into marlow fetishism... 2 months later a couple turn up on b&s and those will never sell

smile.gif
old man shoes
smile.gif

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz

They don't sell? I searched through the B&S archives and all of the darltons sold ... for what seems to be the going rate + shipping on current sale price, i.e. $450 range

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
They don't sell? I searched through the B&S archives and all of the darltons sold ... for what seems to be the going rate + shipping on current sale price, i.e. $450 range

i just remember walneal having a pair in my size that didnt sell or took a really long time... cant find it now though

this time its not even the wingtip, its the PTB which is unbelievably plain and boring

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
I'm wearing the plain toe shell Dalton right now -- got it for $297 on sale from the website about five years ago. I don't see how shell could ever be a boring shoe. The swirl of dark cherry and cigar brown colors is, on its own, incredibly interesting, and I like how there are not unnecessary details to get in the way.

PRL Style

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HalfCanvas
I'm wearing the plain toe shell Dalton right now -- got it for $297 on sale from the website about five years ago. I don't see how shell could ever be a boring shoe. The swirl of dark cherry and cigar brown colors is, on its own, incredibly interesting, and I like how there are not unnecessary details to get in the way.

I absolutely love my 5 pairs of Darlton/Marlow Ralph Lauren by Crockett & Jones shoes. I have 2 pairs of the shell cordovan wingtips, 1 pair of plain toe cordovan bluchers, 1 pair of black calf skin plain toe bluchers, and a pair of tan pebble grain wingtips which have the Dynalite sole. I wear each pair throughout the work week, as well as casually and always get complimented on how great they look with my outfits. The tan pebble wingtips are my personal favorite, especially since people always ask where and when I got them from Ralph Lauren, but if I had to pick a pair for anyone to absolutely have it would be the cordovan wingtips...thus the reason why I have 2 pairs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics