• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RALPH LAUREN WINTER (CASH/WOOL) SUITS

oldskool

Reaction score
I just took advantage of the polo.com sale + 25% off using code HOLIDAY25 in case anyone needs anything through Sunday. Â I note that both wool/cashmere flat front suits I purchaesed are both shown with traditional 1 3/4" cuffs on the models. Â I will be using these suits in a professional environment in a sales job. Â All my cuffed Paul Stuart suits have pleats. Â Do you think I should go cuffs as Ralph Lauren depics with a standard wingtip?? Or no cuffs since the pants are flat front. Â Being conservative in my ways, and not wanting to rock the boat too much, I am inclided to cuff as noted: http://www.polo.com/product....=family

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always get cuffs unless they are a narrow leg casual trouser - say, in corduroy or khaki-colored cotton. It hinges on personal preference. p.s. great suit. I would buy any of their sale suits but none are in my size. They had my size in one of them until a few days ago, but no more.
sad.gif

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Traditionally cuffs go with pleats, and no pleats=no cuffs. That's a rule of thumb that can certainly be violated by personal preference.

oldskool

Reaction score
I was addressing a comments from a few weeks back where the poster insisted that flat front = no cuffs.

I am pleased to learn that both this board and Mr. Lauren allow a nice cuff on these flat front suits.

Also, do you all think this was a good deal? 40% off + 25% off ~65% off - not bad right?? Still expensive to tailor.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
Really nice suit. I never get cuffs because I don't like the way they look. A personal choice. Cuffs do help the drape a bit though by adding some extra weight to the botton of the trousers. I wanted to get the black chalkstripe suit at $587 but they don't have my size. What a beauty. http://www.polo.com/product....=family

oldskool

Reaction score
I can appreciate on a pair of hip tapered slacks with say Prada shoes, NO CUFFS would be the only way to go. But on a conservative suit such as these, I can;t see it without cuffs, pleats or no pleats.

Thrilled to learn that you all are too finding this great sale on polo.com. The black one was 50% off plus an additonal 25% off. I mean, at that price, can they make any money?? Inventory reduction I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads