Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jul 28, 2011.

1. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Thanks mate. I spent good 30 min try to see if it was darted. I still can't see the darts. The way model wearing this jacket makes it even harder to see whats going on the front.

2. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Thanks again. I feel dizzy now looking at the herringbone pattern for too long !!
    Will post pictures regarding fit once I receive this item.

3. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

Sorry for the general question but how is the quality of Rugby pieces and are their sport coats worth picking up?

4. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Today I received my proxied items, I found the fit of the solid oxford in 15.5 really good.

Someone could compare the fit of the 15.5 rugby dress shirts to the 15.5 BB extra slim fit shirts?

thanks in advance

Last edited: May 21, 2012

5. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

You sort of get what you pay for. The higher priced ones are usually half canvassed. Made in Italy coats are supposedly better, but I have a grey Made in Macau, that is pretty nice as well.

They will tell you if its lined, or not.

I'm pretty sure all the suits are half-canvassed at the least. There aren't any Made in USA suits anymore, but I own one of those and its pretty nice

Although I would always ask to confirm on the quality, just call thei CS and see if a product expert s in or not, sometimes they hide.

Last edited: May 21, 2012

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

I think Rugby is a bit slimmer, I don't find BB ESF to be that slim and I'm not skinny by any means

The measurements for BB, measure your Rugby shirts to compare:
    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/content/Fullpages/sizechart.tem?popup=1

7. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I would say BB Slim Fit is more in-line with Ralph Lauren Custom Fit.

Rugby is just a tad bit slimmer

8. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I picked up their Herringbone silk lined Newbury jacket. RRP $398 I paid $256 including tax on their insider sale. Just received the jacket today….to be honest I am sort of disappointed at the quality. The fabric doesn’t look that good comparing to the picture on their website. The cut is some what ok. It seems they are a bit on the longer side. Mine said made in china (I thought on the website it said made in Italy) . Not worth the full price. Sorry this is probably not as bad ….I may have expected too much. Some of My PRL blazers (for UK/Europe market) are slimmer than rugby and better quality. But buying PRL form uk website is much more expensive than buying form us website. Bottom line is you get what you pay for. I am planning to buy a made in Italy suit form them to see if any better. If not then I will look else where.

9. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

That one says Imported on the website. You sure you meant to order the silk-linen one, and not the Norfolk?

or maybe just confused the descriptions...

Last edited: May 22, 2012

10. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Yeah I was probably just confused. Actually I was expecting PRL quality form this jacket at a lower price point. Thinking of it now for under $250 probably not a bad purchase !!
    PRL made in china and my rugby made in china PRL is noticeably better quality.
    Just a question to the rugby experts.
    Rugby made in china and made in Italy how would you compare (fabric, constructions , finish..)?
    Rugby made in Italy jackets how do they compare with PRL jackets ?
    Thanks in advance.

11. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Honestly its tough to compare the Made in Italy ones - the fabric is nice on both - some of the Rugby stuff shares with the RLBL stuff since Caruso has been doing the suits since Feb 2011, left over fabric was used for some Rugby suits and others were completely exclusive for Rugby too. I would say Rugby is pretty much at the PRL level. I also think at times it exceeds it, but not always.

Rugby Made in China vs Made in Italy is a given - Italy trumps it by all standards.

Rugby Made in USA vs Italy - tough to say - you can tell which one is Made in Italy, but my personal preference can sometimes be more toward my Made in USA stuff.

12. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

Can anyone vouch for Rugby socks?

I generally don't trust one-size fits all type socks.

13. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

nearly all my socks are Rugby socks. I'm a Size 10D in shoes - they all fit very well.

14. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

Damn me and my small feet...:(