Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jul 28, 2011.

1. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

ya mine will be in tmrw as well. maybe tie is from the NYC stores?

2. tedbearz

tedbearz Senior member

Where was the sample sale?

3. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

same place, they have it 2x a year i believe on 33rd and 8th ave in NYC.

4. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

did any one of you see that rugby indian/navajo cap? SA told me it retailed for $40 and sold out first day. i believe this season or the one that just past. i kept staring at the one he was wearing lol.

5. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

the purple one with the native american head on it? looked ugly to me.

just a PSA to everyone: i have been using www.upromise.com to get around 5% cashback on RL.com and Rugbyrl.com purchases, and if you have their credit card its 8%.

Its pretty reliable last 3 purchases has been recorded for me and received 5% from each.

In terms of payment you can have it sent to certain types of saving accounts (Sallie Mae operated ones, 529 plans, etc...) OR a check can be mailed to you once a quarter.

I've used ebates.com in the past but they don't hold any RL anymore.

every bit helps I now have 60 bucks in my Upromise so basically a new tie or ocbd from rugby.

6. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

n00b question: Does the Rugby polo fit like RL custom fit polo?

7. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Yeah it does

8. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Some pics of the blazer (excuse the unironed pants):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and some long due pics of the Cricket Cableknit Cardigan:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not as pleased with the blazer as I hoped to be. Feels like a quarter canvass, which is disappointing. (canvassing can be felt at the top button, but nowhere below)

Last edited: May 9, 2012

9. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Thanks for pics.

I think that you take too seriously the problem of canvassing in rtw coat, this is a casual (and relatively cheap) jacket, enjoy it for some years without disappointing.

The blazer looks nice and fits good on you (I think that this fit needs a thin body, my chest would never fit in that silhouette, it was better that I have not ordered it)

The cable sweater instead looks long.

10. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

yeah its a tad bit long, even as an XS.

11. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

I find the jacket to be rather tight around my shoulder. I can still move my arms but don't feel comfortable

so I guess your analysis is right...I think I will return it even tho I really like it,but the fit is off..

12. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I have ordered Silk-Linen Newbury Jacket. Cream/brown. I have ordered 36r. I wear PRL slim fit shirts or polos. Custom fit is still way too big for me. Not sure if slim fit is available is us. I can only see slim fit shirts in RL uk website and available is Australia.
    What sort of fit should I expect from the rugby blazer ?
    And with the oxford shirts should I go for S or XS ?
    Thanks in advance.

13. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

It might be because the arm holes are very high compared to other Rugby jackets.

From what I understand, Slim Fit is not available in the US. Rugby is generally a slimmer fit than PRL so if you usually get a 36R at PRL expect a good slim fit. Generally speaking though, that is not a good way to justify a blazer size for you - by comparing the custom fit sizing. So your measurements would be helpful in getting a better assessment, but if you are saying you have a similar build to me, then maybe the 36R will be good.

as far as OCBDs, I get a 14.5 Custom Fit at PRL. I get a Small in Sport Shirts at Rugby, but a 14.5 in Dress Shirts. Odd thing is, the RL Custom Fits are usually a slimmer fit, or maybe I feel that way because the collar sometimes chokes me a little :eek: I am pretty sure I can go a XS for Sport shirts at Rugby, but I tried small first and liked the way it fit.

14. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to ask you another question....as you seem to know a lot about rugby. I wear 14.5 /37 in Slim fit PRL(slim fit is about 2.75 inch slimmer than custom fit). PRL 36R suit jacket is a no go for me its too big on the waist and too long...but shoulder fit is spot on. I am 5'10'' 120lbs and waist 28. Just thinking what would be the waist size on the rugby 36r blazer. 30/32 ?
    Funny thing is I have the below PRL blazer which came is S sizing rather than 36 being the smallest. And this jacket fits like MTM.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2012

15. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Well I'm 135 with a waste 29. I don't think it would be too long unless your body shape is all legs. If the waist is a bit large, a tailor could fix that.

I am not sure how that PRL Blazer in a size Small fits you so well, but kudos to you for that one. Do you know your fit for RLBL? I have a 36R blazer from RLBL that is a tincey bit more relaxed than the Rugby RL coats - meaning the Rugby is a tighter fit. I would probably say the waist size is more near 30.