• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up the blue tattersall club collar shirt. Been eyeing that b*tch for a while. Almost got the fleece university pants, but ultimately passed.

Yeah wanted it but sold out of M :censored:

Good stuff, you are an amazing father!

No, not really but he has a little over a year of high school left and needs some clothes that are dressier than jeans and a hoodie. Might as well get something that is a bit nicer and he can wear in college too.

My parents gave me a clothing budget in high school. Good and bad I guess but never seemed to get all the things I wanted. It's good that you're getting him better clothes

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up the blue tattersall club collar shirt. Been eyeing that b*tch for a while. Almost got the fleece university pants, but ultimately passed.

nice pick up. i picked up a tattersall from the polo pre-sale. i almost got the blue tattersall, but I didn't. I might pick it up when I go to the store this weekend if they still have my size.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My parents gave me a clothing budget in high school. Good and bad I guess but never seemed to get all the things I wanted. It's good that you're getting him better clothes

We're close in size which helps. If I buy something that is too slim for me then I can always give it to him and buy more :)

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We're close in size which helps. If I buy something that is too slim for me then I can always give it to him and buy more :)

Yeah that helps I guess. My brother and I can exchange shoes but that's about it in my family.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picked this Rugby jkt up for $35 at a RL sample sale. curious, did something that looks like this ever make it instore?

IMAG0942.jpg

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

picked this Rugby jkt up for $35 at a RL sample sale. curious, did something that looks like this ever make it instore?
IMAG0942.jpg

Hmm not sure, looks familiar. Looks like their 'Fleece Baseball jackets'

Also, curse you *fist shake*, i need to get into these sample sales!

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone has received the navy blazer?
I'm curious to read some reviews about fit.

Many thanks

Last edited:

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm not sure, looks familiar. Looks like their 'Fleece Baseball jackets'
Also, curse you *fist shake*, i need to get into these sample sales!

haha yeah i'm lucky to have a friend who knows someone at RL corporate.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some fit pics of that jacket i got from the sample sale. also noticed that the jacket was a sample for one of the pieces they're currently selling. i like the sample a lot more, not a fan of the collaring of the one being sold instore.

the one selling @ rubgy

my rugby haul from the sale, chinos for $40ish, not bad at all. i actually like their fit better than the RRL officer chino.

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my blue tattersall button down with club collar in today. In fact, I'm wearing it now. Fit (15.5) is pretty spot on. Sleeves are fairly long, but that's an easy fix at the tailor.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like Rugby's chinos a lot! the fit is really nice.

the chinos are sorta hit and miss imo.

got some khakis that fit amazingly well, then got the blues ones this past sale and were not as nice.

but maybe the fact that it was blue just did that

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the chinos are sorta hit and miss imo.
got some khakis that fit amazingly well, then got the blues ones this past sale and were not as nice.
but maybe the fact that it was blue just did that

hum interesting note. I didn't get any this time. my navy and grey fits me really well from the November sale.

did you get your sports coat yet?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hum interesting note. I didn't get any this time. my navy and grey fits me really well from the November sale.
did you get your sports coat yet?

comes in tomorrow. my tie came in today though, sportcoat shipped from NC, tie from NY. I wonder why the ties are kept elsewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads