1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ralph lauren purple label

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jun 16, 2002.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Are the products of Ralph Lauren Purple Label of a high quality? And also are the prices justifiable to the former statementt. Comments will be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Joe G

Joe G Senior member

RL Purple Label is definitely top quality stuff. Their tailored clothing is made by Chester Barrie, a well-known London purveyor of fine tailored garments. A lot of their other stuff is made in Italy, though.

It is definitely a cut above RL's other lines (although the better Corneliani made PRL tailored stuff isn't bad by any means) in materials and workmanship. Also, I consider the fact that PL stuff is devoid of external identification to be a huge plus. No free advertising for RL, like the Polo line provides.

The stuff I bought last year (a linen camp shirt, a couple bathing suits, a couple polo shirts) looks new. Admittedly, I buy a fair amount of clothes and don't wear things often, but they've held up.

No one else puts the same attention to details or materials quality in their bathing suits. Certainly not the "designers" (Dolce & Gabbana Mare, Zegna Sport, Burberry Prorsum, etc.). Sure, they're pricey, but they feel better on your skin than any others. They're made in Italy, and I wouldn't be surprised if the cloth came from Loro Piana, Zegna, or Cerruti.

As for their prices, well, you pay a label-whore premium for any well-known designer. That's an individual judgement call, based on your affinity for any particular piece in the collection and your finances. As for me, I've bought (as listed) a few pieces, but compared to the amount of stuff I've bought from my two favourite houses of late (Salvatore Ferragamo and Loro Piana), not that much. I comment in another thread about a PL jacket that I'm definitely going to check out for winter, though.

Peace,

JG

3. purplelabelonly

purplelabelonly Member

Dedicated to the highest level of quality, Ralph Lauren Purple Label is the ultimate expression of luxury for today's modern gentleman. Rappers quote the brand in there songs, that's how important it is. The shirts fit and feel perfectly, nothing compares. I highly recommend everything in the line.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

whoa.

1 person likes this.
  5. Profacio

Profacio Well-Known Member

Does Rlpl really need a thread of this nature?
    Serious wtf?

6. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Holy decade necrobump!!!

Did you copy and paste that from the RL website?

Rappers also refer to drug pushers, beatings and shootings in their songs. Important yes, good NO.

Myself, I like nice songs about horses and grasslands.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

Yeah who is this motherfucker labelking

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

iloled

9. Profacio

Profacio Well-Known Member

:)
    But really..a decade ago.. Who was he?

10. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

Here's my only question, what other label/name can RL use? I swear there must be 30 different labels and brands in some way using RL. I'm holding out for Aqua Clear label.

11. petitnoblesse

petitnoblesse Senior member

I love that the original poster was LK.

12. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

In keeping with the rapper/gangsta theme.... Label King was/is one of the O.G.s of S.F.

13. shopper23

shopper23 Member

What about the shoes?