• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Camelhair Polo Coat

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The coats are probably sitting at a warehouse so a guy behind a computer or store associate won’t be able to confirm the measurements and the warehouse people are probably strictly pack / ship only.

FWIW RL has always been TTS for me and I think they do have free returns in case it doesn’t work out.

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up that RL coat in a 38. I'm really a 36R with long arms, but it's a steal of a price so I figure no harm done if it ends up needing to be returned.

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a RLPL wool/cashmere camel coat from an outlet. I'll post some pictures soon. It's absolutely amazing

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a RLPL wool/cashmere camel coat from an outlet. I'll post some pictures soon. It's absolutely amazing

incredible that you were able to find it at an outlet. Over the past few years, it seems like the RL outlets have gone the way many others have; carrying merchandise made specifically for sale there vs. true seasonal and discontinued merchandise. Nice find!

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up that RL coat in a 38. I'm really a 36R with long arms, but it's a steal of a price so I figure no harm done if it ends up needing to be returned.

I ended up returning this btw. Hope it works for someone else here!

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't end up working for me, I'll post it here. You guys will get first dibs. Can't wait to get it.

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got the coat and will be reselling. You guys get first dibs. It's a Ralph Lauren Purple Label handmade in Italy 90% wool / 10% cashmere polo coat in size 40. There's basically no shoulder padding and little roping. Price will be $1,800 w/shipping included...it was originally like 10k.

Approximate measurements are are follows:

Chest 44"
Shoulders: 19"
Sleeves: 25"
Length (BOC): 40"

The stock photos are obviously most accurate obviously:

s7-1339553_lifestyle.jpg
s7-1339553_alternate10.jpg
s7-1339553_alternate3.jpg
s7-1339553_alternate4.jpg
s7-1339553_alternate17.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received a custom version of The Anthology x Permanent Style polo coat. I gave The Anthology feedback that the coat was too short for my taste and they offered to make one for me to my preferred length. It is quite badly wrinkled after its journey, but I couldn't resist taking some photos before I took it to my cleaners to be pressed.
IMG_9214 (1).jpeg

IMG_9216 (1).jpeg

IMG_9218 (1).jpeg

IMG_9221 (1).jpeg

My initial thoughts are that it is really well made, from a lovely, soft, camel hair. The fit is good (I intend to wear it over a jacket just about always) and the length is ideal for me. I do like the little touches, like the inverted pleat in the back, the button-able vent in the back, the half belt, etc. For the money, it's a superb product, I think.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andy, I prefer the length you ordered. Do you mind telling us how tall you are? Like the tie chosen too.
To my dismay, I'm not as tall as I once was. I'm a shade over 6 feet tall.

driving glove

Reaction score
Welcome to my club. The reduction in stature doesn’t seem to make tying shoelaces any easier for some reason!

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to my club. The reduction in stature doesn’t seem to make tying shoelaces any easier for some reason!
:D Indeed it does not. One would hope that there would be some benefit but I have yet to find it.

corpseposeur

Reaction score
While I have a single breasted camelhair coat, I found myself a double breasted polo coat on eBay with peak lapels. There doesn't seem to be a label but it looks it's from a high end American Men's store like Bullock's or something. Seller claims it's in mint condition and it looks like there isn't any obvious wear to the fabric. I'll report back when I receive it on Friday. I would be curious if anyone has any further insight.

camel-polo.jpg

camel-polo-5.jpg

camel-polo-6.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads