• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R.M. Williams boots: prepping for sale

SightseeMC

Reaction score
So I scored some beautiful RMW boots at a local consignment store today. Tragically, they are quite a bit too small for me, so I'll be flipping them on Ebay.

I'm a complete beginner at reselling, and I'd like a little help with a few questions. I've been reading the "Everything You Wanted To Know about RMW" thread but it's very hard to find the info I think I'll need there. Any help would be appreciated.

1.) Boot identity. I believe these are chestnut yearling Craftsman...I think.

Am I correct, or are they a different color/type?

2. The size is 8F according to the sole (rubber, oil resistant). Inside, there's other numbers: from the toe, 6 0, 8, F, CF

As I said, the shoe is 8F, what are the other numbers?

3. The scuffs on the boots are minor, and I believe they'll pretty much disappear under a professional shine. Do I need to find RMW shine or can I use another? If so, what should I use?

Any other info someone can give me would be fantastic. Again, thanks in advance.

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, nice snag.

Yes, they are yearling craftsmans in chestnut. I bought a pair off STP a few months ago and they look exactly the same.

8F is the size. Probably translates into a 9US, D width. Not sure what the other numbers are... I've never, ever seen them before.

If the scuffing is just surface then its probably not a big deal. I used a generic brown (Moneysworth&Best ??) polish and its a perfect match. Alternatively you can use a lighter/darker colour to antique these suckers or what have you.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Hey, nice snag.

Yes, they are yearling craftsmans in chestnut. I bought a pair off STP a few months ago and they look exactly the same.

8F is the size. Probably translates into a 9US, D width. Not sure what the other numbers are... I've never, ever seen them before.

If the scuffing is just surface then its probably not a big deal. I used a generic brown (Moneysworth&Best ??) polish and its a perfect match. Alternatively you can use a lighter/darker colour to antique these suckers or what have you.

G equals D, the F is narrower than the D.

joseanes

Reaction score
The bottom CF means Calf (good leather, had they seen shoetrees more often).
8F is a 9D in the US

SightseeMC

Reaction score
Should I go buy shoes trees for them today to try to keep the form while I wait to ship? Thanks for the help so far.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SightseeMC
Should I go buy shoes trees for them today to try to keep the form while I wait to ship? Thanks for the help so far.
Only if you're going to be wearing them. (The trees won't make them better, they'll just keep them from getting worse, and they'll only get worse if the leather gets heated up and flexed.)

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you're looking to improve the appearance of the creasing, you might try putting them on snug trees and giving them a generous treatment of leather conditioner. Then let them dry fully -- over night, at least -- and polish. Often this will diminish the appearance of creasing, even on shoes that haven't been treed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads