• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

RKILLY67

Reaction score
Nice surprise waiting for me when I got home from work, many thanks to the original poster who directed me to cavours sale. (my wife hates you)
IMG_20190111_222926_197.jpg

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
@Nat Jag Cheers, that was kind of you (me that asked for UK6 Bradfords).

Perhaps i am lucky to find a seller within EU that can get the UK6 Bradfords at a decent price. Just sent Pediwear an email.

Braid

Reaction score
I visited the factory store today. All the bench grade shoes I checked out were £200. I forgot to check the price of boots, mostly because I didn’t see by I wanted. Many hallams for sale.

I can’t remember who asked, I didn’t see any Bradford’s in 6 (or any size).

Picture ate from the 7-7.5 and 7.5 - 8 stands.

View attachment 1104984

View attachment 1104985
Real bargain for that price! Was that the full stock or where there more shoes beside the one in the pictures?
Apologies for the silly question but I have never been there, maybe it is time. .

Nat Jag

Reaction score
Real bargain for that price! Was that the full stock or where there more shoes beside the one in the pictures?
Apologies for the silly question but I have never been there, maybe it is time. .
Those pictures just show the stock for the sizes 7-8. There were more similar displays for larger sizes. I didn’t take those pictures.

Nat Jag

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. That’s quite a bargain at that price.

You didn’t find anything you were interested in?
I did get some for myself. When I get back home I’ll get a picture online. I want to polish them
First.

nygooner

Reaction score

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Marked prices should include VAT. Note there is also the main shop two blocks down on Jermyn street, but not sure if selection would be better. I bought both my pairs from the smaller shop.

I stopped by the shoe section in Harrod's (-1 floor) before Christmas and did not see anything of interest and I think everything was full price at that time.

Went back to Green Park / Mayfair area yesterday morning prior to flying home later in day. Stopped in to the Burlington Arcade store, the smaller one you mentioned.

It was great. First stopped in, saw some stuff I liked including one boot last of its kind, in my size. But then left to stop at Selfridges, which actually had one shoe in my size on clearance. A reddish brown Yeovil, I think made for them model from a few years ago. It was 200 gbp and fit perfectly.

But I had the boot from the CJ store in the Arcade on my mind so went back. It fit great, and next thing you know I bought the priciest shoe I've ever paid for. Skye II in Dark Brown Shell Cordovan.

Had them ship it which worked out to be about the same price. Can't wait to get it, I fell in love with it in first wear. My size, their last in the store for that discontinued model. It was on sale, all in all paid about $700, no complaints.

Will post some pics when I get them. Didn't go back to buy the Yeovil, in my head I put the money from that into this. But that was the first time trying on CJ shoes, only own boots, and they were great. Maybe I'll call them today haha to see if they'll ship.

Skelnik

Reaction score
Went back to Green Park / Mayfair area yesterday morning prior to flying home later in day. Stopped in to the Burlington Arcade store, the smaller one you mentioned.

It was great. First stopped in, saw some stuff I liked including one boot last of its kind, in my size. But then left to stop at Selfridges, which actually had one shoe in my size on clearance. A reddish brown Yeovil, I think made for them model from a few years ago. It was 200 gbp and fit perfectly.

But I had the boot from the CJ store in the Arcade on my mind so went back. It fit great, and next thing you know I bought the priciest shoe I've ever paid for. Skye II in Dark Brown Shell Cordovan.

Had them ship it which worked out to be about the same price. Can't wait to get it, I fell in love with it in first wear. My size, their last in the store for that discontinued model. It was on sale, all in all paid about $700, no complaints.

Will post some pics when I get them. Didn't go back to buy the Yeovil, in my head I put the money from that into this. But that was the first time trying on CJ shoes, only own boots, and they were great. Maybe I'll call them today haha to see if they'll ship.

Glad you found something you liked. The Skye II in brown shell is my favorite boot. Congratulations on a very nice find and a great price.

Dembowski

Reaction score
I visited the factory store today. All the bench grade shoes I checked out were £200. I forgot to check the price of boots, mostly because I didn’t see by I wanted. Many hallams for sale.

MD comment:

Last Year price of boots was 250 gbp. I have purchased Skye 3 in UK8

If any one interested, pls let me know on prive. Great condition, like new.

Technica

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a query regarding C&J sizing. I picked up a Coniston boot in 6.5 recently, fit well in store when I tried on with normal dress socks. Unfortunately, when I tried them at home with slightly thicker winter socks (Uniqlo Heattech ones, they're not even that thick..), the toes had barely any room and my right pinky toe got pinched - it wasnt painful but uncomfortable.

For comparison I have the Tetbury (348 last) in size 7 that needs an insole + tongue pad, and used to have the Skye 3 (335 last) in size 7 which had a lot of heel slip on one foot I ended up selling it. I also have the Camberley (348 last) in 6.5 which I can only wear with thin socks.

My feet measurements in store were inbetween 6.5 and 7, normal width.

What do people recommend in such situations? Size up to accomodate the bigger foot and compromise with insoles? Or expect the leather to stretch on the smaller size (or is this a myth)??

If it helps I also have the Loake Chester in 6.5 which is very comfortable, the AS Cambridge and Cheaney Tweed C both in 7 which fits very well.

Last edited:

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
@Technica
I reckon a boot would mostly be worn in the cold months hence you would need warmer socks. Therefore i would recommend sizing up to 7, and adjust/test with insole if you ever need to purely be wearing light socks. Again, i have done this and i have never needed an extra insole, just had to tighten the boots just a tad bit more.

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
So envious. To say they look quite good is an understatement. Although i might be afraid that Cordovan is too shiny for me, i reckon those Dark brown in calf is what i am after.

Good choice Sir!

My first ever pair of C&J and still my most comfortable. C&J Bradford in dark brown calf on double Dainite from the Factory shop about 4 or 5 years ago. My go-to shoe.

Crockett Jones Bradford calf .jpg

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
@EnglishShoes
What a nice pair! Can i ask; regarding the double dainite, is it something that shows - do you regret having those soles? Please show a picture if you got single leather sole besides your Bradfords?

I am debating this very question right now. And because i dont know much about double dainite i am leaning towards single sole (i have the expectations that it would look more professional).

Also, have you been using any cleaning products? They look amazingly good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads