• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Crowther

Reaction score
Hi all

I am sure that this question has been answered elsewhere on this forum, but i couldn't find that answer - I have never owned CJ shoes but want to buy the no 8 suede chelsea boot and am trying to work out sizing. I am a UK9 1/2E in Edward Green and Gaziano & Girling. Would I be the same size in CJ?

Many thanks

jackals

Reaction score
some cheap c&j at fransboone

handgrades for 390 shipped to US

Some interesting styles especially the Vincent on a different last and different colours, can't beat the great price as well. I was going to buy the Langham 2 in the Ivywood Calf which is in the sale next week when I get paid, but I might go for the Vincent in tan on Fransboone instead considering they're the same price and it's handgrade.

jackals

Reaction score
Hi all

I am sure that this question has been answered elsewhere on this forum, but i couldn't find that answer - I have never owned CJ shoes but want to buy the no 8 suede chelsea boot and am trying to work out sizing. I am a UK9 1/2E in Edward Green and Gaziano & Girling. Would I be the same size in CJ?

Many thanks

I would go with the same size

EUtroll

Reaction score
Some interesting styles especially the Vincent on a different last and different colours, can't beat the great price as well. I was going to buy the Langham 2 in the Ivywood Calf which is in the sale next week when I get paid, but I might go for the Vincent in tan on Fransboone instead considering they're the same price and it's handgrade.
The Audley in polo suede for 400 €, amazing :)

The handgrades are fantastic. My oldest pair is now at least a decade and still going strong, great leather quality.

bsarosi

Reaction score
How does 337 last compare to 348? My understanding is 337 has more volume through width of shoe and at toebox.

I'm an 8.5 on 348 so wondering if the same will work for 337. If so, that Audley is headin my way.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does 337 last compare to 348? My understanding is 337 has more volume through width of shoe and at toebox.

I'm an 8.5 on 348 so wondering if the same will work for 337. If so, that Audley is headin my way.

Yeah you should take the same size.

EUtroll

Reaction score

Yeah you should take the same size.
It's roomier overall. Some take the same size and others go down half a size. The 337 fits me perfectly but with my wide feet and high instep I've got to size up half a size to at all be able to wear the 348 last.

Last edited:

EUtroll

Reaction score
I find the tobacco to be a bit lighter IRL so if you plan to wear it with suits, etc. I would go for the dark brown.

bsarosi

Reaction score

It's roomier overall. Some take the same size and others go down half a size. The 337 fits me perfectly but with my wide feet and high instep I've got to size up half a size to at all be able to wear the 348 last. 

So if 348 in 8.5 fits on the looser side for me, I'm probably better off going with 8 in 337 since it's roomier overall.

Follow-up question: how does 363 compare to 348 (looking at the Lonsdale as well)? My understanding is that they're similar in shape/fit so the 8.5 would be ideal.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some interesting styles especially the Vincent on a different last and different colours, can't beat the great price as well. I was going to buy the Langham 2 in the Ivywood Calf which is in the sale next week when I get paid, but I might go for the Vincent in tan on Fransboone instead considering they're the same price and it's handgrade.

IMO the Vincent is actually the nicest RTW english tassel loafer, I love the slightly oversized tassels.
I already have the Cavendish in D.Brown Suede and Snuff Suede (MTO) so I have to pass, If Burgundy was available it would have been an instakop.

So if 348 in 8.5 fits on the looser side for me, I'm probably better off going with 8 in 337 since it's roomier overall.

Follow-up question: how does 363 compare to 348 (looking at the Lonsdale as well)? My understanding is that they're similar in shape/fit so the 8.5 would be ideal.

363 Last is a rounded/almond toe last, 348 has a squared toe, the profile is also different and softer

363 is more similar to 341, here's a comparision between a Londsale (363) and Harrogate (341), same size:

harrogate3_zpsdscf60sa.jpg

Last edited:

bsarosi

Reaction score

IMO the Vincent is actually the nicest RTW english tassel loafer, I love the slightly oversized tassels.
I already have the Cavendish in D.Brown Suede and Snuff Suede (MTO) so I have to pass, If Burgundy was available it would have been an instakop.
363 Last is a rounded/almond toe last, 348 has a squared toe, the profile is also different and softer

363 is more similar to 341, here's a comparision between a Londsale (363) and Harrogate (341), same size:

harrogate3_zpsdscf60sa.jpg

So it sounds like 363 is similar in fit to 337/341, which would translate to an 8 for me.

andrewnguyen

Reaction score
Hi Bsarosi,

I have CJ Atherstone, Vincent (363) and Hallam & Tetbury (348E) in 8.5 UK (I went TTS). However, the loafers fit a bit loose so I should have sized down 1/2 a size. But an extra insole will help.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maladroit_