• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is in store 325 fit me better than 365. It’s only after a few wears that it flipped

Funny this is being discussed, as I came here to ask a related question.

I have Conistons and Islays in Brown grain. I just returned from a heavy-hiking bro's trip to Japan and the Islays were my go to day shoe. I usually bring my Conistons, this is the first time w/ Islay.

Islay feels fine for daily wear, even long days, but my foot was not as happy on like 10+ mile days as it has been in Coniston. I think its just a little too roomy for me.

I'm going back to Japan in Feb and want a black boot for the day, so was thinking of one of the black Conistons.
So the question is - Black Grain on Dainite or Black Roughout on Vibram?

How is care on the Roughout? Will it do ok in rain w/ outside chance of light snow? Vibram seems like an attractive option in my use case.

Thanks!

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have Conistons and Islays in Brown grain. I just returned from a heavy-hiking bro's trip to Japan and the Islays were my go to day shoe. I usually bring my Conistons, this is the first time w/ Islay.

Islay feels fine for daily wear, even long days, but my foot was not as happy on like 10+ mile days as it has been in Coniston. I think its just a little too roomy for me.

I'm going back to Japan in Feb and want a black boot for the day, so was thinking of one of the black Conistons.

How is care on the Roughout? Will it do ok in rain w/ outside chance of light snow? Vibram seems like an attractive option in my use case.

Thanks!
I beat the hell out of my roughout conistons. Rain, snow/salt, mud. I pretty much just brush them off when the mud dries. Added bonus is IMO roughout looks better beaten up.

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lurker33

Reaction score

Thanks!
Had the same experience with the Islay, too roomy for longer hikes, my foot was moving too much going downhill. Roughout suede / waxy commander is a great choice, all you do for care is wipe and rewax with dubbin occasionally. If you're okay with the chunky Vibram sole its a good option, much more comfortable than Dainite.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

If you're okay with the chunky Vibram sole its a good option, much more comfortable than Dainite.

Would second the Vibram sole option for your purposes.

The Dainite is a daily urban wear sole. It wouldn't offer the same grip and traction as the Vibram, but the Dainites weren't designed for that so that is acceptable.

Marmite89

Reaction score
Went through the past few pages and didn't see - how does one contact Alex?
Each of the stores can be contacted directly if you are looking for sales info:

Alex is based at 77 Jermyn St.

Marmite89

Reaction score
I think but am not certain that C&J used a D fitting for its RL shoes. You can learn the fitting of your Lindricks by looking at the sock liner. If they are an E fitting you will see the number 5. If they are a D fitting you will see a number 4. I wear an 11E in all C&J branded shoes but my RL Marlowe were size 12 with a D fitting.
I’m going to have to check this out and look in the RL pair.

Always knew that they are expressed as D fitting in the US market, but that D is the equivalent to E in the UK.

I own a couple of RL’s, some Marlow/Pembroke that 10D are so close to 9E that it makes no difference.

My Lindrick are 9.5D US and I’ve taken that to be equivalent to 8.5E, I’ve also a GMTO pair on UK 9E (which are getting an outing today)

Areni-1

Reaction score
IMG_6335.jpeg

My Snowdens after a day of splashing around in a tropical storm. These really have grown on me. I need to buy some darker jeans that aren’t raw denim to wear in a storm though. These were a bit too light.

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bemk

Reaction score
I must really say, the new year doesn't start too bad. Today a parcel from Northampton arrived.

I had ordered some laces:

240102_23045_Crockett-Jones-Laces.jpg

And this Chestnut Milled Calf Coniston:

240102_23031_Crockett-Jones-Coniston-Chestnut-Milled.jpg

Just like C&J describes it, the leather feels wonderfully soft. These will be comfortable from the get go, when I'll mount them tomorrow.

And the Chestnut is a nice addition to my brown members of the Coniston family:

240102_23015_Crockett-Jones-Coniston-DBSG-CM-TSG.jpg

Denar78

Reaction score
Yeah the boot would be different from the loafer but it gives you an idea. If the fit is great go for it. Worst case you send them back
Thanks a lot. In the end, unexpected turn of events and Eg Galways in London grain (82 last). No insults please

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads