• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
There is a proposal from @Ehtifal for a very, very gorgeous Skye in Dark Brown Shell, which I joined. I can't wait for 2 more particpants to bring it over the finish line.

That would be my 3rd Skye then. My Chestnut Calf Skye I had shown here lately, meanwhile my 2nd Skye came in:

View attachment 2036601

It's a Burgundy and this is how it looks mounted:

View attachment 2036605
- Crockett & Jones Skye, Burgundy Shell Cordovan -
Absolutely beautiful mate. Well done getting on double leather. True gentleman’s boot..🥃

Marmite89

Reaction score
There is a proposal from @Ehtifal for a very, very gorgeous Skye in Dark Brown Shell, which I joined. I can't wait for 2 more particpants to bring it over the finish line.

That would be my 3rd Skye then. My Chestnut Calf Skye I had shown here lately, meanwhile my 2nd Skye came in:

View attachment 2036601

It's a Burgundy and this is how it looks mounted:

View attachment 2036605
- Crockett & Jones Skye, Burgundy Shell Cordovan -
These are absolutely gorgeous! That Burgundy shell colour is what I’m looking for in the Islay proposal I have listed.

Are these from the Zwarties store in the Netherlands?

bemk

Reaction score
Bemk - now I know you wanted to update your shoe collection but I’m getting confused as to how many new pairs you have…… so can you list them please for me and anyone else who is similarly confused
Thanks

Okay, since you ask, my 'new' and what I consider my final stock as of now:

Shoes:
- Alden 975 C8
- C&J Pembroke Tan Scotch Grain
- C&J Pembroke Dark Brown Scotch Grain
- Tricker's Bourton Acorn
- Tricker's Bourton Black (probably switching for a black Pembroke)

Boots:
- C&J Coniston Tan Scotch Grain x 2
- C&J Coniston Dark Brown Scotch Grain
- C&J Coniston Black Scotch Grain
- C&J Skye Chestnut Calf
- C&J Skye Burgundy Shell
- C&J Lindrick Whiskey Shell arriving in January
- C&J Skye Dark Brown Shell if the proposal finds 6 members, I cannot imagine otherwise
- Tricker's Stow Acorn
- Tricker's Stow Espresso

I have many Stows and Burfords 1/2 a size bigger than I need and will sell all or most of thesm as well as my many much too big Bourtons.
My 2030 Viberg in Muschio Horsebutt will leave the house and probably my Hoggs of Five Rannoch too. This is the only boot I will probably rebuy in a different size.
In the last months I have unloaded most of my RMW Craftsman and Gardeners.

The new collection listed above will not see very much further additions. I will surely add another shoe for next summer, chances are high that it will be a Pembroke. Probably the Dark Brown Calf, maybe a Shell. But I'm open to a different color for a boot or shoe and would love to see a reddish leather edition from C&J and will wait until next year to see, what they will probably offer or if there's a nice GMTO.

Last edited:

bemk

Reaction score
Dude, that boot is gorgeous. Holy God.

Wow. Just gorgeous.

Absolutely beautiful mate. Well done getting on double leather. True gentleman’s boot..🥃

These are absolutely gorgeous! That Burgundy shell colour is what I’m looking for in the Islay proposal I have listed.

Thank you all so much! 🌞

Yes, these are from Zwartjes: Crockett & Jones Skye 2 Special

And man, they really took a Magical Mystery Tour. They got stuck and didn't move for 17 days and neither the Dutch post nor the German partner Hermes could state clear facts why that is.
After two weeks patiently waiting the truly great folks from Zwartjes urged post.nl to now finally investigate about it and then they suddenly moved and came in yesterday.

Gustaf

Reaction score
Thank you all so much! 🌞

Yes, these are from Zwartjes: Crockett & Jones Skye 2 Special

And man, they really took a Magical Mystery Tour. They got stuck and didn't move for 17 days and neither the Dutch post nor the German partner Hermes could state clear facts why that is.
After two weeks patiently waiting the truly great folks from Zwartjes urged post.nl to now finally investigate about it and then they suddenly moved and came in yesterday.

Oh the drama! But well worth the wait. Stunning boots. Congrats!

T1mb0

Reaction score
Hi All
I hope it’s ok my first SF post is here on this thread, I have been following this and quite a few other threads in the forum but being a fan of C&J, particularly their boots, I thought this would be a good place to start… :)

I have a few pairs (although not as many as some of you, it’s been great looking through all the photos on here) collected over the last 5-10 years with a couple of recent additions.

One of the recent additions is a C&J x Richard James boot, an eBay find from someone that bought them some years ago but never wore them, so were brand new. I’ve bought and owned Islay and Coniston boots in dark brown scotch grain in the past but sold them both as, as much as I like dark brown boots to look at, for some reason the dark colour does not suit me when wearing them. I’m definitely a tan guy.
So when these came up, effectively a tan scotch grain brogue boot and in my size I had to snap them up. They are similar to an Islay but a bigger brogue design, I’m pretty certain they are also on the same last.

Anyway, a couple of pics from their first couple of outings.

Looking forward to sharing more and seeing more of everyone else’s collections.
Cheers
Tim

Attachments

• IMG_9058.jpeg
    IMG_9058.jpeg
    420.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8936.jpeg
    IMG_8936.jpeg
    543 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_8690.jpeg
    IMG_8690.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 146

Gustaf

Reaction score
If "take a guess" is allowed here, then id say its a tan scotch grain, treated ONLY ever with neutral polish/wax. With wear over time, and combined with the natural outdoor light, creates the lovely boot colour as captured in the image Am i any where near @Von Knauzenstein ?

Thanks for chiming in @Ehtifal. Yes, that would be my guess as well. It really is a lovely colour! One more reason to add a second pair of tan Conistons I guess.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score

Were your proposal a burgundy shell on Lindrick (325 or 335), i would really really be tempted @Marmite89 .

While the Islay is an amazing boot, it just doesnt offer enough of a formal/dressy look that shell deserves. Just my two pennies.

jellyroller

Reaction score
Hi All
I hope it’s ok my first SF post is here on this thread, I have been following this and quite a few other threads in the forum but being a fan of C&J, particularly their boots, I thought this would be a good place to start… :)

I have a few pairs (although not as many as some of you, it’s been great looking through all the photos on here) collected over the last 5-10 years with a couple of recent additions.

One of the recent additions is a C&J x Richard James boot, an eBay find from someone that bought them some years ago but never wore them, so were brand new. I’ve bought and owned Islay and Coniston boots in dark brown scotch grain in the past but sold them both as, as much as I like dark brown boots to look at, for some reason the dark colour does not suit me when wearing them. I’m definitely a tan guy.
So when these came up, effectively a tan scotch grain brogue boot and in my size I had to snap them up. They are similar to an Islay but a bigger brogue design, I’m pretty certain they are also on the same last.

Cheers
Tim
Beautiful boots and great first post Tim

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, since you ask, my 'new' and what I consider my final stock as of now:

Shoes:
- Alden 975 C8
- C&J Pembroke Tan Scotch Grain
- C&J Pembroke Dark Brown Scotch Grain
- Tricker's Bourton Acorn
- Tricker's Bourton Black (probably switching for a black Pembroke)

Boots:
- C&J Coniston Tan Scotch Grain x 2
- C&J Coniston Dark Brown Scotch Grain
- C&J Coniston Black Scotch Grain
- C&J Skye Chestnut Calf
- C&J Skye Burgundy Shell
- C&J Lindrick Whiskey Shell arriving in January
- C&J Skye Dark Brown Shell if the proposal finds 6 members, I cannot imagine otherwise
- Tricker's Stow Acorn
- Tricker's Stow Espresso

I have many Stows and Burfords 1/2 a size bigger than I need and will sell all or most of thesm as well as my many much too big Bourtons.
My 2030 Viberg in Muschio Horsebutt will leave the house and probably my Hoggs of Five Rannoch too. This is the only boot I will probably rebuy in a different size.
In the last months I have unloaded most of my RMW Craftsman and Gardeners.

The new collection listed above will not see very much further additions. I will surely add another shoe for next summer, chances are high that it will be a Pembroke. Probably the Dark Brown Calf, maybe a Shell. But I'm open to a different color for a boot or shoe and would love to see a reddish leather edition from C&J and will wait until next year to see, what they will probably offer or if there's a nice GMTO.
Remind me please what size are you? I would like to see the Viberg Service boot you have ;)

Gustaf

Reaction score
Hi All

Cheers
Tim

Welcome Tim!

Great looking boots. I hadn’t seen this model before. The coarser broguing suits them well.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NervesAidHealth