• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
And here they are! The C&J Lindrick in Navy Shell Cordovan GMTO boots also arrived at my doorstep. The colour turned out exactly as I hoped: very dark indoors and quite blue outdoors. Fantastic boots. My first pair on Ridgeway soles, let's see how they perform. For more photos, see the C&J MTO Central thread.

IMG_4805.JPG

IMG_4813.JPG

IMG_4795.JPG

shoefan57

Reaction score
Hi,
I just took delivery of a pair of Chelsea 8 boots as I wanted something more dressy and sleeker than the Chelsea 5. I noticed the left boot the sole on the inside is not shaped similar to the right boot, it sticks out for longer. It looks more obvious when I tried them on. I think it throws off the shape of the boot as it does not look as sleek as the right. I am wondering what part of manufacturing this is due to? I would imagine it is with their tolerances. I guess I'm at once you see it can't unsee it but also wondering would it lessen with wear? I don't have this visual difference with my other C&Js. Thanks in advance and apologize for my lack of proper shoe terminology. View attachment 1919725
It is noticed and would bug me. I’d send them back for an exchange.

shoefan57

Reaction score
And here they are! The C&J Lindrick in Navy Shell Cordovan GMTO boots also arrived at my doorstep. The colour turned out exactly as I hoped: very dark indoors and quite blue outdoors. Fantastic boots. My first pair on Ridgeway soles, let's see how they perform. For more photos, see the C&J MTO Central thread.

View attachment 1920119

View attachment 1920121

View attachment 1920123
🤩 And C&J swore blind to me that Jonathon Jones will only sanction cordovan MTOs in Whisky, Burgundy and Dark Brown! Still, am very very happy with my “boring” colours 😁

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
🤩 And C&J swore blind to me that Jonathon Jones will only sanction cordovan MTOs in Whisky, Burgundy and Dark Brown! Still, am very very happy with my “boring” colours 😁
Think they sold you a bit short in that conversation… here’s what I got from 69 Jermyn Street when I asked the same question while putting together the Navy shell Lindrick order:

1D21D891-BE18-4268-BB77-474B3A5ABD40.jpeg

If you’ve got an idea for a MTO/GMTO, drop Ms. Alex Vigouroux a line at [email protected] - she’ll take great care of you!

Last edited:

ABM

Reaction score
C&J marked with US sizing also have the US size stamped on the insole. I have many pairs of C&J marked in US size from Barney's. They're all D width. They all have the US size stamped on the insole with the D width represented by 4. My UK sized C&J are all stamped with UK size plus 5 for E.
Sorry to follow up on such an old response, but I've not been able to get a clear answer through searches here, this being the closest. Given the size of some collections here (!), I'm hoping someone can chime in with a clear answer

If I were to buy a C&J US market pair from a seller like Ben Silver, does this mean I can assume the size marked is indeed a US one, and what's the rule - a full size up from the UK? I cannot imagine C&J having specific US lasts, so surely it's either UK plus exactly .5 or 1? And for width a D equates to the UK standard E?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to follow up on such an old response, but I've not been able to get a clear answer through searches here, this being the closest. Given the size of some collections here (!), I'm hoping someone can chime in with a clear answer

If I were to buy a C&J US market pair from a seller like Ben Silver, does this mean I can assume the size marked is indeed a US one, and what's the rule - a full size up from the UK? I cannot imagine C&J having specific US lasts, so surely it's either UK plus exactly .5 or 1? And for width a D equates to the UK standard E?

During one my searches for a CJ Whiskey Shell loafer, Ben Silver was selling a pair. The sales associate didn't sound too confident to me, so I inquired if he could provide measurements.

The measurements provided were exactly one full size down.. 9.5US measured like a 8.5UK. A standard US D width was equivalent to a standard UK E width. Although the conversation was several years ago, I would find it extremely hard to believe that the measurement system has changed.

Gustaf

Reaction score
During one my searches for a CJ Whiskey Shell loafer, Ben Silver was selling a pair. The sales associate didn't sound too confident to me, so I inquired if he could provide measurements.

The measurements provided were exactly one full size down.. 9.5US measured like a 8.5UK. A standard US D width was equivalent to a standard UK E width. Although the conversation was several years ago, I would find it extremely hard to believe that the measurement system has changed.

This is in line with the info on C&J’s website.

jssdc

Reaction score
Wouldn’t think so. Unless something has changed, if it’s a cleverley marked as “kingsman” it will be made by Alfred Sargent.

If it’s a standard RTW cleverley it’ll be crockett but mostly with handgrade lasts (337, 358 mostly).

In either case a cleverley wouldn’t be the same shape and last as a coniston. You might check out “Purdeys” they have a few crocketts in more standard lasts
that sounds right - those boots are AS Cambridge

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have personally found that UK E (standard) is slightly wider than US D.

That being said, I also have to play with C&J's more because I have a really wide foot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads