• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Headed for warm weather.. cool here today for my favorite boots I let sit in my closet boxed for seems like a couple years. MTO Double Leather Dark Brown Galway.
A0ADE8DD-EF23-4616-B157-3B321185CFF9.jpeg
E7A75DBA-25D7-4588-BDC5-319012C23712.jpeg

Mallaig

Reaction score
hey there,
even if the situation is a bit chaotic from all over the world, I keep watching for my next next purchase of derby brogues, I set myself to acquire the Pembrokes from Crockett & Jones in Tan Scotch Country Grain. at the start I was interested in the Bourton Trickers that I can have around 200 €, but the oversized beams made me change my mind.
I have oxfords at Santoni, Barker, Axton at Trickers, in 9uk and santoni moccasins and Garfourth chukka at Cheaney in 8.5uk, should I stay in 9uk for Pembroke?
last question, this is not a hurry purchase, but I expect to find them at the best possible price, even if it is a best seller, do you have leads, tips, sites to get a good deal ?
Thanks for your help.
Herring is a good option. They sell Cheaney, Church, Trickers, and others. The Herring Premium line is made by Cheaney. If you want to test out a pair really cheaply I've got a pair of Cheaney made Churchill II for sale on B&S in UK9 (fits fairly narrow so closer to UK8.5). Asking $150 including box, bags, shoes trees.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to keep my brain busy in times of COVID-19 so is Shoeshine Time until quarantine lasts.

I hope you are all safe and healthy.

Brand: Bodileys
Model: Hertford
Manufacturer: Crockett and Jones
Last: 341
Colour: Dark brown grain
Note: This one of the shoes I like most. The same patern as the Pembroke (which is mounted in the last 325 and in 317) but different last. Next purchase will be in Tan Scotch Grain. Bodileys is a great option for C&J and Sarah a very kind lady..

IMG_7950.JPG
IMG_7951.JPG
IMG_7953.JPG
IMG_7954.JPG
IMG_7955.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7956.JPG
    IMG_7956.JPG
    623.1 KB · Views: 105

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Cavour just launched a mid season quarantine sale. I live in Norway and returns will be easy. Decided to try a pair, if they dont work out i can fall back on the loake pimlicos. Will post some pics and compare when they arrive.
Thanks for this! Also decided to try a pair on offer for 50% off - if they work out, it will be quite the deal... Thanks again!!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to keep my brain busy in times of COVID-19 so is Shoeshine Time until quarantine lasts.

Note: This one of the shoes I like most. The same patern as the Pembroke (which is mounted in the last 325 and in 317) but different last. Next purchase will be in Tan Scotch Grain. Bodileys is a great option for C&J and Sarah a very kind lady..

View attachment 1362325 View attachment 1362326 View attachment 1362327 View attachment 1362328 View attachment 1362329

I recently discovered Bodileys also do a version of the now discontinued Skye boot. Seem a good shop.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1362325 View attachment 1362326 View attachment 1362327 View attachment 1362328 View attachment 1362329

is the 341 last less rounded toe than 325?

ryanluo23

Reaction score
Peeps LAST help please

Does Coniston 325 Last fit similar to Hallam (348)? or would you suggest sizing up or down?

Thanks in advance

leparrain7

Reaction score
Stick with 9UK.

Oh, and 20% off C&J at fulham.
thank you for your answer, but even at -20% it's still expensive for me ... maybe wait for the summer sales to get a good deal?

Herring is a good option. They sell Cheaney, Church, Trickers, and others. The Herring Premium line is made by Cheaney. If you want to test out a pair really cheaply I've got a pair of Cheaney made Churchill II for sale on B&S in UK9 (fits fairly narrow so closer to UK8.5). Asking $150 including box, bags, shoes trees.
thank you for your proposal but it is really far from what i am looking for .. on the other hand if i can, you must improve the quality of your photos to enhance your shoes.

Mallaig

Reaction score
thank you for your answer, but even at -20% it's still expensive for me ... maybe wait for the summer sales to get a good deal?

thank you for your proposal but it is really far from what i am looking for .. on the other hand if i can, you must improve the quality of your photos to enhance your shoes.
Interesting feedback about the photos. Good luck with your search.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is the 341 last less rounded toe than 325?

Hello, as Stook1 said, 341 is a little more pointy and less bulbous than 325.

According to C&J website : "341 has proven to be an excellent last for both formal business and smart casual wear. Long, but not too long, round but not too round" and about the 325 last "325 is a Main Collection last, with a medium round toe and increased toe depth" (https://www.crockettandjones.com/last-guide)

Regarding Bodileys, great supplier with deep knowledge of C&J lasts, and always happy to help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads