• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

leparrain7

Reaction score
Trying to keep my brain busy in times of COVID-19 so is Shoeshine Time until quarantine lasts.

I hope you are all safe and healthy.

Brand: Bodileys
Model: Hertford
Manufacturer: Crockett and Jones
Last: 341
Colour: Dark brown grain
Note: This one of the shoes I like most. The same patern as the Pembroke (which is mounted in the last 325 and in 317) but different last. Next purchase will be in Tan Scotch Grain. Bodileys is a great option for C&J and Sarah a very kind lady..

View attachment 1362325View attachment 1362326View attachment 1362327View attachment 1362328View attachment 1362329
hi
I know the Bodileys site they have a nice collection, I thought their shoes were made by Alfred Sargent and not by C&J.
Beautiful your brogues, like me I see that you are interested in Tan Scotch brogues, it will always be with the brand Bodileys or C&J? if theirs are made by C&J and they are cheaper, I will focus on them, during the sales of course :)

Interesting feedback about the photos. Good luck with your search.
nothing and thank you

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
hi
I know the Bodileys site they have a nice collection, I thought their shoes were made by Alfred Sargent and not by C&J.
Beautiful your brogues, like me I see that you are interested in Tan Scotch brogues, it will always be with the brand Bodileys or C&J? if theirs are made by C&J and they are cheaper, I will focus on them, during the sales of course :)
Bodileys has two lines, the "London" made by Cheaney and the "Mayfair" made by C&J. I own a pair of double monks in dark brown from the London line that go great with suits.

The Scotch Grain brogues will be Pembroke.

inTROYspection

Reaction score

leparrain7

Reaction score
Bodileys has two lines, the "London" made by Cheaney and the "Mayfair" made by C&J. I own a pair of double monks in dark brown from the London line that go great with suits.

The Scotch Grain brogues will be Pembroke.
Pembroke we are on the same wave ;)
if you have a good plan i am taker ...

oskrusa

Reaction score
Hi @stephenaf2003 ,
I think I have similar challenges as you with wider feet that are closer to an E than a D width. I have a question about your fitting approach for the 228 lasted boots you own.
Based on your experience with the 228 last, would you go half size up on your next purchase to UK9 on the 228, or still keep your regular size as on the 325 and employ a boot stretcher instead to obtain the proper width you need on 228?

Everyone’s foot is different, with that in mind I’ll share my experience with the 228.
I’ve got 19 pairs of C&J and take UK8.5 on 18 of them UK9 on one of them (348). There are only two pair of those 19 that give me trouble. So much so, that I have to put them in the boot stretcher about 12 hours before wear. Those two pairs are on the 228 last; again, everyone’s feet are different. For me, the 228 last is quite a narrow last.

Last edited:

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @stephenaf2003 ,
I think I have similar challenges as you with wider feet that are closer to an E than a D width.
Based on your experience with the 228 last, would you go half size up from your regular size on the 325? Or would that be too long, and you would rather continue with the same size and a boot stretcher instead?
Hey man, hope you are well. No experience with the 228 but I do have a pair on the 325 and I would not size up. They are a more generous fit than the 341 and 240, which I know you have as well.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.